Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon F and the ZEN & Bahaus movement

T42

Atlanta, US
301 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon F and the ZEN & Bahaus movement"

T42 Basic Member
Tue 09-Feb-10 06:50 PM | edited Tue 09-Feb-10 07:06 PM by T42

Hi Forum.

I really enjoyed seeing those videos, Miguel. Thanks for bringing them to our attention.

John, I used to have a black F like that. Sold it to fund a black F2. I missed having it, so later I bought another F. I love the F, but not quite as much as the F2. I have read that the F2 is the perfection of the F. Whereas the F is somewhat of an evolution from the rangefinder line, the F2 is said to be an altogether new camera.

I wonder.... Do you suppose that Nikon would ever make a commemorative edition of the Nikon F? What do you think it would cost if they did?

The fact that they did this with their rangefinder makes me wonder about this possibility.

FWIW, my F's Photomic head's metering cells must leak, as they "report light" even in total darkness (lens cap on, viewfinder window covered). In bright light the meter is relatively correct, but in dim (room) light it indicates more light than is actually there by as much as two or three stops.

I just use a Sekonic incident/reflective hand meter with it. Works great.

Henry

A Certified Dinosaur
Nikons F, F2, D700, L35AF, Leica M3, & Kiev 4a

Pinned topic Nikon F and the ZEN & Bahaus movement [View all] , migpower Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning a Nikonians Annual Photo Contest , Wed 13-May-09 09:57 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon F and the ZEN & Bahaus movement