Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
ericbowles

Atlanta, US
10537 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: View NX2 and xmp files"

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005
Mon 04-Feb-13 05:58 PM

Mark

What you are describing is similar to my workflow. I rate every image 1-5 rather than just my selects. For me, my goal is to discard the 1 and 2 rated images, keep the 3's, keep the 4's and use that group to identify selects for editing, and keep the 5's with the same approach. I use the color labels to identify selects, edited selects or other similar decisions.

By setting the filter to 0 I only see unrated images. I can make it through a large group very quickly. The filter also allows me to take a second look at 1 and 2 rated images before discarding them in order to make sure there were no mistakes. Likewise it allows me to look at just 4 and 5 rated images to identify selects for editing and the status of editing.

As you describe, rendering is very fast in View. And it quickly zooms to 100% with a click.

I also use View for quick edits related to event photos.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

A general, generic topic View NX2 and xmp files [View all] , M_Jackson Silver Member , Mon 04-Feb-13 03:44 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: View NX2 and xmp files