Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
expat

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT
532 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Win 8"

expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010
Thu 01-Nov-12 07:26 AM

Peter I wouldnt dispute what you say but my original point was based on someome like myself with more modest means wanting to have windows 8 on a strightforward laptop, nothing as modern as touch screens.

I dont think any amount of backup or PC savvy is going to cough up for 100 odd dollars to change my Microsoft Word for the latest version, I also have to pay for several more updates which as I said before come to about 200 USD (so far)

The Win 8 blurb agrees with you that it is all straightforward which it no doubt is and although I dont pretend to be an expert I am capable of installing new programs.
What I am saying is that if I follow the assistant I am well out of pocket on just the known bits.

If you start out with a nice new PC in the first place its going to have in most cases the latest version of everthing already.

A small example (nothing to do with Photography)- Win Media centre has to be replaced, I am sure your new laptop will have its replacemet/new version in situ at no extra cost.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Win 8 [View all] , expat Silver Member , Fri 26-Oct-12 03:08 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Win 8