Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
duh59

Rochester, US
591 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Which Software Package?"

duh59 Silver Member Charter Member
Thu 27-Sep-12 03:32 PM

Hi I am not an expert on the "best" software , I think what you use is what fits your style. My story is I had a PC and View NX and Capture NX came with my new D300. And for other editing I bought Elements 6. Those programs worked for me for years and I got pretty good, using them. Now fast forward a few years, switched to Mac and my old software did not work.
I tried Aperture and iPhoto and they did not "feel" right to me.
I loaded View NX2, Capture NX2 and Elements 10 on the new computer and I am a happy camper. 1) Import images with Transfer, 2)review images in View NX2 (rate and pick the best), 3) open and first edit in Capture NX2 and final editing in Elements 10. Are there better programs and better/different workflows I could use? probably but as a hobby it works for me.

Virge

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as a poll/survey Which Software Package? [View all] , SirPuttsAlot , Wed 26-Sep-12 10:13 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Which Software Package?