Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
robsb

San Jose, US
14828 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Fork in the Road"

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006
Tue 21-Aug-12 12:38 AM

Peter I am not sure I buy your counter argument. I use 64 bit CNX2 and do not find the batch process "Clunky". Nikon makes Nikon cameras and unless they went out of business, highly unlikely, they have no competition in the manufacture of Nikon cameras. Since the ability to process NEF's is key to them selling the cameras, I cannot see how they could abandon the task of reading and processing NEF's. Is CNX2 a bit behind the times, maybe for some? I find it meet all my needs. I don't have to fool with XMPs or keeping my NEFs in the Adobe data base or converting to DING and all the other processes that I think have more risk. If Nikon stopped making updates to CNX2 tomorrow, I still have a fully working version of CNX2 that will continue to process all the NEFS I have ever taken from my D200 and D700. While I also don't expect Adobe to go out of business, they have to work with all the DSLR brands out there so the risk of problems in their code I believe is much higher than continued updates for bugs and new cameras that CNX2 has to contend with. All that said, each person has to make their choice of what work flow they want and what features are most important to them. For many that choice will be LR. For me it is primarily CNX2 with an occasional visit to Photoshop CS6 Extended.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!
Old age is a special gift that very few receive. Be thankful if you get it.

This is a hot, active topic! Fork in the Road [View all] , dohearne , Wed 01-Aug-12 09:15 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Fork in the Road