Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Saving Different Raw Versions in NX2

ericbowles

Atlanta, US
10631 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Saving Different Raw Versions in NX2"

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005
Fri 27-Jul-12 11:27 AM

As others suggest, I always save the edited NEF before converting to a JPEG. It may be as simple as saving it in View NX2 for a minor edit or it may be something more involved in Capture NX2. I typically don't use versions very often. When I do it is usually for B&W conversion which involves several steps.

One tip that works for me. I take all JPEG conversions for web posting (resized and sharpened) and put them in a single folder - Web Posts. I find that I often use these images more than once, and having them quickly accessible is quite convenient. I don't share lots of images from a shoot or trip - usually 5 or less. And I do purge some of the older images into an archive. These images are typically used for my screen saver or copied to my iPad ad iPhone.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

A general, generic topic Saving Different Raw Versions in NX2 [View all] , ornate_wrasse Silver Member , Thu 26-Jul-12 10:04 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Saving Different Raw Versions in NX2