Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Finally loaded 64 Bit version, CNX2 saga is over, any b...

leterpee

Orange, AU
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Finally loaded 64 Bit version, CNX2 saga is over, any big changes?"

leterpee Registered since 10th Jul 2012
Fri 27-Jul-12 11:51 AM

Bob,
I had the same problem but the opposite fix - both my Pc and desktop would not run properly on Nx2 ver 2.32 even with the latest version of CEP Pro 3 ver 3.004.Nx2 ran reasonably smoothly until around April when I downloaded the upgrade , then screen lockups, memory leaks etc etc.Sent all my screen dumps to Nikon who after a month can't come up with anything concrete.In the meantime I have reloaded Nx2 ver 2.3 with CEP ver 3.004 and to date it has been quite stable albeit a little slow.Talking to the Aust Nik agent he suspects the culprit could be CEP Pro 3 which Nik has not been involved with for some time.
I love mY CEP as it is an integral part of Nx2- its great to be able to paint on / paint off filter effects,something you can't do with s stand alone CEP Pro 4 (unless you have Shop, which I do and hate !!!).
I think eventiually CEP Pro 3 will become unusable with Nx2 so I have been trying to mimic the filter effects with my own saved adjustments.The one I really need in tonal contrast but can't seem to come up with a alternate in Nx2.
These things said, I would never abandon Nx2 completely as the image quality from RAW files is so much better than PShop.However, of late I have been trialling DxO as a raw processor only and finishing off the TIFs in Nx2

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Finally loaded 64 Bit version, CNX2 saga is over, any b... [View all] , Robman3 , Mon 04-Jun-12 01:44 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Finally loaded 64 Bit version, CNX2 saga is over, a...