Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Spots on sensor (NOT dust)

JoelB

US
16 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
JoelB Registered since 18th Dec 2010
Sat 15-Jan-11 10:55 PM

I have searched through many of the posts related to dirty sensors and have not found anything on this topic. A few weeks ago I started shooting some landscape photos at small apertures with my three month old D700. There was one very noticeable "spot." It did not look like typical black dust spots and I could not remove it with a rocket blower. They almost look like water??? I purchased some Sensor Swabs and cleaned the sensor. Problem resolved.

I noticed this week that I had new spots on the sensor (four to be exact). I again cleaned it with the Sensor Swab and the test shots showed they were gone.

Today they are back (three this time). I concerned this is a camera problem. I have attached a photo with the three dots.

Is this a camera issue? Is this something I am doing? Any chance it is related to cold temperatures? Other?

I appreciate any help or insights you may have.

Thanks!

Click on image to view larger version

G