Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Shot for a museum exhibit

Wingman

Kimberley, CA
1658 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Wingman Silver Member Awarded for sharing his excellent work and continued contribution to the forums, most notably at the Aviation forum. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2002
Mon 22-Oct-12 05:40 PM

The visitor Center in Death Valley National Park has had a major rebuild and remodel over the last couple of years. As part of the process the museum has been completely redone. The staff wanted a shot for a large panel on the subject of "Back country camping". This is what my wife and I came up with. These are two shots from a larger selection we gave them to work from. My wife selected the place, and I composed and shot the final results. One image from the shoot was used -- I don't know which because I haven't seen the museum yet. I also gave them freedom to crop as they saw fit, and I have no idea how they cropped or what the final aspect ratio was.

The wider shot was with a D3 with 24-70 F2.8, and the narrower view with a D700 and 70-200mm F2.8 (Version 1). All using a tripod. That is my wife in the shot.

I am curious about which version people here would have chosen for a five foot wide panel in the museum and why, as well as any comments on how this could have been shot or composed differently or better. This sort of setup shot is not something I do often, so I'm curious about what folks think...

Neal Nurmi

---Wingman Photo---

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Shot for a museum exhibit