Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Whoops! Nikon Uses Canon DSLR Footage to Launch D800.

meohman1

Luling, US
506 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
meohman1 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007
Sun 04-Mar-12 12:39 AM

Somebody sent me this link this evening. Does anybody know if this is true?

http://www.steves-digicams.com/news/whoops_nikon_uses_canon_dslr_footage_to_launch_d800.html

Mike

Photography by Mike - My Nikonians Gallery

Robman3

West of Santa Monica, US
1842 posts

#1. "RE: Whoops! Nikon Uses Canon DSLR Footage to Launch D800." | In response to Reply # 0

Robman3 Registered since 12th Apr 2010
Sun 04-Mar-12 04:46 AM

Doesn't matter to me personally, the permissions yes, but the video shot in Chicago, tells me all I need to know about it.

Thanks,

Rob

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

gkaiseril

Chicago, US
6739 posts

#2. "RE: Whoops! Nikon Uses Canon DSLR Footage to Launch D800." | In response to Reply # 1

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005
Sun 04-Mar-12 08:09 AM

And in your backyard up north.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3573 posts

#3. "RE: Whoops! Nikon Uses Canon DSLR Footage to Launch D800." | In response to Reply # 0

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Sun 04-Mar-12 08:02 AM

That clip was not from any of the Nikon promo videos, maybe a local distributor in Thailand added that last 4 seconds to show a D800 but the US promotion featured the shoots from Chicago that were we documented to be using Nikon gear.
Seems like some Fanboys are getting scared that their brand is suddenly playing second fiddle.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

G