Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Live-view bracketing burst

Carmen Tulum

Toronto, CA
43 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Carmen Tulum Registered since 09th Nov 2012
Wed 16-Jan-13 12:10 PM

I wonder if this is a common problem - when I take a bracketing burst of 5 (raw & jpg), in Live view, it takes at least 30 seconds, even more, before its done. That's a long time to wait after each burst. (this is the first problem)

When I try to take a bracket burst of 7 in Live view (this is the second problem), it sometimes does not complete the burst - it takes 2 pictures, or 5, and then stops and processes.

The settings would be, for example 5.6 - 1/100s - 1/6 s asa 100.

Your expertise would be appreciated.

Leonard62

Pa, US
4419 posts

#1. "RE: Live-view bracketing burst" | In response to Reply # 0

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009
Wed 16-Jan-13 12:54 PM

Hi Carmen,
The first thing I would do is configure to save only one type of file and not both at a time. The files are very large and will take awhile to save. Also LiveView will add more time. What happens when you don't use LiveView with your original dual file setup? And then your 7 bracket burst without LiveView.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Carmen Tulum

Toronto, CA
43 posts

#2. "RE: Live-view bracketing burst" | In response to Reply # 1

Carmen Tulum Registered since 09th Nov 2012
Sat 19-Jan-13 11:51 PM

hi Len
This happens only in live view, also when shooting only in RAW format.

realim

Auckland, NZ
18 posts

#3. "RE: Live-view bracketing burst" | In response to Reply # 0

realim Registered since 06th May 2012
Wed 30-Jan-13 02:14 AM

It shouldn't make any difference whether you soot in Live view or not.
Of course Live view is best because you avoid the mirror slap.

But the answer to this is very easy: Just buy the fastest memory card you can afford, Lexar CF Professional 1000x recommended. Particularly if you shoot bracketing sets for HDR.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G