Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Custom Picture Control

Henry64

DK
142 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Henry64 Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Jan 2008
Wed 09-Jan-13 10:01 PM

Did you know that the Custom Picture control can be customized and that there is a quite good customized "set" available in the D700 forum?

Those PC files also works in D800. It is of course mostly interesting if you do shoot in jpeg, although the settings can also be imported in some photo edition softwares.

https://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=226&topic_id=26018&mesg_id=26018&page=

The velvia is quite nice.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

jamesvoortman

Durban, ZA
1468 posts

#1. "RE: Custom Picture Control" | In response to Reply # 0

jamesvoortman Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Sep 2004
Mon 14-Jan-13 03:37 PM | edited Mon 14-Jan-13 03:38 PM by jamesvoortman

>The velvia is quite nice.

Does it reproduce the trademark Velvia reciprocity failure? -

Seriously though - thanks for the tip, especially for those of us that moved direct from DX cameras to D800. I have not spent any time in the D700 forum. Will go and have a look.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit

OMMBoy

San Diego, US
678 posts

#2. "RE: Custom Picture Control" | In response to Reply # 0

OMMBoy Registered since 22nd Feb 2007
Thu 17-Jan-13 03:46 AM | edited Thu 17-Jan-13 03:47 AM by OMMBoy

I prefer to shoot in JPEG and have been looking for exactly this information as I've been a bit frustrated with the results I've been getting with my D800 "out-of-the-box" compared to my D80. Thank you very much for the info!

Chris

Runfola Photography Gallery

G