Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Kyle O

Philadelphia, US
7 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Kyle O Registered since 07th Jan 2013
Mon 07-Jan-13 05:19 AM

Okay ... so I'm a little late to the party on this.

As far as purchasing a D800 is there still a chance you can get one with the Left focus point out of whack? Or did Nikon finally resolve the production problem and anybody who has purchased one within the past 2 months hasn't had a problem. I'm giving serious consideration to getting one and would of coarse hope this to be the case.

My apologies in advance if this has already been verified (as in problem solved) but I didn't see anything mentioning that might be the case in my search of older forum posts.

Thanks for the input ...
Kyle

airlaw

Seattle, US
61 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

#2. "RE: Problem Solved ???" | In response to Reply # 0

airlaw Gold Member Nikonian since 23rd Sep 2002
Wed 16-Jan-13 08:11 PM

Great question. I too am in the market for the D800. With all the m the left side focus problem, one would think that Nikon owners would have pressed Nikon enough for Nikon to either say "problem fixed" or not. I just sold my D3, but I get into enough trouble; I don't have to chase trouble, and I'm concerned I would be chasing trouble if I bought the D800. Sad, because if it works the way it should, it's a spectacular camera.

Kit

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

venusian

US
186 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

#3. "RE: Problem Solved ???" | In response to Reply # 2

venusian Registered since 17th Dec 2008
Thu 17-Jan-13 05:18 PM

If your psyche is up to it, best suggestion is to purchase the D800 from a company like B&H and return it if there are left (or other) focus issues.

Nick (Roxbury, Connecticut Nikonian)

G