Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D800E no longer supported by Nikon USA????

John Varndell

Dogmersfield, UK
65 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
John Varndell Registered since 17th May 2006
Mon 22-Oct-12 11:48 AM

Is there any truth in this story?

http://www.photographyblog.com/news/nikon_d800e_no_longer_supported_by_nikon_usa/

Regards

John

Sventek

Perth, AU
123 posts

#1. "RE: Nikon D800E no longer supported by Nikon USA????" | In response to Reply # 0

Sventek Registered since 23rd Dec 2007
Mon 22-Oct-12 11:05 AM

It's still listed at Nikon Australia - so I hope the story is wrong, or has the wrong end of the stick.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Bump57

US
6898 posts

#2. "RE: Nikon D800E no longer supported by Nikon USA????" | In response to Reply # 0

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Laureate Ribbon awarded as a winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007
Mon 22-Oct-12 11:41 AM

It is still listed in the USA as well.

Click on image to view larger version

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

John Varndell

Dogmersfield, UK
65 posts

#3. "RE: Nikon D800E no longer supported by Nikon USA????" | In response to Reply # 1

John Varndell Registered since 17th May 2006
Mon 22-Oct-12 11:47 AM

This story was sent to me by a strong advocate for Canon cameras??

Thank you for you replies

John

agitater

Toronto, CA
4527 posts

#4. "RE: Nikon D800E no longer supported by Nikon USA????" | In response to Reply # 0

agitater Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 18th Jan 2007
Mon 22-Oct-12 12:46 PM | edited Mon 22-Oct-12 12:52 PM by agitater

The D800E is no longer listed on the Nikon Canada web site either.

Production problems? I doubt it. Probably has more to do with the fact that Nikon has only sold a relative handful of the things so far. No D3 or D3s anymore either in Canada. But Nikon has five, FX camera bodies in production - a lot for now. DSLR body sales by Nikon and Canon are still dominated by DX/APS-C bodies, not full-frame. Nikon can only juggle a certain number of SKUs I think.

Another possibility is that Nikon may now only be producing the D800E for its biggest regional markets. So it makes sense to offer it in the U.S. and the UK, but not in Canada and other smaller-population regions and countries. But it's not listed in the U.S., so that may be totally wrong too. Anyway, the D800E is not exactly a high volume item.

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

agitater

Toronto, CA
4527 posts

#5. "RE: Nikon D800E no longer supported by Nikon USA????" | In response to Reply # 2

agitater Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 18th Jan 2007
Mon 22-Oct-12 12:53 PM

>It is still listed in the USA as well.

Nope. Not as of 10:52 EST when I checked today.

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

agitater

Toronto, CA
4527 posts

#6. "RE: Nikon D800E no longer supported by Nikon USA????" | In response to Reply # 0

Mon 22-Oct-12 01:00 PM

It's still listed on Nikon.de (Germany) and Nikon.fr (France) as of this morning.

Gone from Nikon.com.br (Brasil) and a lot of other regional sites.

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

spootdad

Portage, US
730 posts

#7. "RE: Nikon D800E no longer supported by Nikon USA????" | In response to Reply # 0

spootdad Registered since 27th Dec 2006
Mon 22-Oct-12 01:19 PM

Maybe I'm missing something: it still shows up in the NikonUSA store.

http://shop.nikonusa.com/store/nikonusa/en_US/pd/ThemeID.18145600/productID.253191300

- at least as of 11:20 am here in Michigan.
From the rocking of the cradle to the rolling of the hearse, the going up was worth the coming down

agitater

Toronto, CA
4527 posts

#8. "RE: Nikon D800E no longer supported by Nikon USA????" | In response to Reply # 7

Mon 22-Oct-12 01:28 PM

>Maybe I'm missing something: it still shows up in the
>NikonUSA store.
>
>http://shop.nikonusa.com/store/nikonusa/en_US/pd/ThemeID.18145600/productID.253191300
>
>- at least as of 11:20 am here in Michigan.

The store is just selling existing inventory.

The product no longer exists on the Nikon USA main site.

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

spootdad

Portage, US
730 posts

#9. "RE: Nikon D800E no longer supported by Nikon USA????" | In response to Reply # 8

spootdad Registered since 27th Dec 2006
Mon 22-Oct-12 01:43 PM

That would be what I was missing. I saw it was not on the main site but didn't make the connection.

My apologies.
From the rocking of the cradle to the rolling of the hearse, the going up was worth the coming down

benveniste

Boston Area, US
10262 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

#10. "RE: Nikon D800E no longer supported by Nikon USA????" | In response to Reply # 8

benveniste Moderator Awarded for is high level skills in various areas, including Macro and Landscape Photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous suppport to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 25th Nov 2002
Mon 22-Oct-12 01:51 PM | edited Mon 22-Oct-12 01:52 PM by benveniste

If you click on the D800 section of the link you provide, the page will include information on the D800E, including a "D800 and D800E
Which camera is right for you?" section.

One of the biggest mistakes a photographer can make is to look at the real world and cling to the vain hope that next time his film will somehow bear a closer resemblance to it. - Galen Rowell

rlmtech

TT
1 posts

#11. "RE: Nikon D800E no longer supported by Nikon USA????" | In response to Reply # 0

rlmtech Registered since 22nd Oct 2012
Mon 22-Oct-12 04:12 PM

The D800E is still listed on Nikon's site.
I think that was some incorrect info.

Its not listed together with the D800

It's here
http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/index.htm

And here
http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/Product/Digital-SLR-Cameras/25480/D800.html

Look at the bottom of the page on the second link...

agitater

Toronto, CA
4527 posts

#12. "RE: Nikon D800E no longer supported by Nikon USA????" | In response to Reply # 11

Mon 22-Oct-12 05:17 PM | edited Mon 22-Oct-12 05:18 PM by agitater

>The D800E is still listed on Nikon's site.
>I think that was some incorrect info.
>
>Its not listed together with the D800
>
>It's here
>http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/index.htm

That's the global imaging site. Nobody said the camera was going away in every country, just in some countries. So it's correctly listed on the global site for now.

>And here
>http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/Product/Digital-SLR-Cameras/25480/D800.html
>
>Look at the bottom of the page on the second link...

It's embedded in the page, but the page is no longer headed by the D800 & D800E side by side. If the camera is going away in the U.S., it will take a bit of time to update all the web pages.

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

walkerr

Colorado Springs, US
16920 posts

#13. "RE: Nikon D800E no longer supported by Nikon USA????" | In response to Reply # 0

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Master Ribbon awarded as a member who has gone beyond technical knowledge to show mastery of the art and science of photography   Donor Ribbon awarded for his most generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 05th May 2002
Mon 22-Oct-12 08:00 PM

It's not accurate. Nikon is still offering/supporting the D800e globally.

Rick Walker

My photos:

GeoVista Photography

klrbee25

Naples, US
1386 posts

#14. "RE: Nikon D800E no longer supported by Nikon USA????" | In response to Reply # 0

klrbee25 Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jun 2006
Mon 22-Oct-12 10:42 PM

No way did NIkon release a camera model and discontinue it within 8 months.

-Alex Rosen
www.flickr.com/photos/klrbee25/

mike1944

US
67 posts

#15. "RE: Nikon D800E no longer supported by Nikon USA????" | In response to Reply # 14

mike1944 Registered since 23rd Sep 2008
Mon 22-Oct-12 11:47 PM

Maybe Nikon decided to follow Ken Rockwell's lead and abandon the D800 for the D600.

Mike

klrbee25

Naples, US
1386 posts

#16. "RE: Nikon D800E no longer supported by Nikon USA????" | In response to Reply # 15

klrbee25 Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jun 2006
Mon 22-Oct-12 11:51 PM

LOL. If that's true, then expect all the f/2.8 glass to be discontinued soon too.

-Alex Rosen
www.flickr.com/photos/klrbee25/

FL_Investor

US
31 posts

#17. "RE: Nikon D800E no longer supported by Nikon USA????" | In response to Reply # 15

FL_Investor Registered since 15th Apr 2012
Tue 23-Oct-12 12:23 AM

>Maybe Nikon decided to follow Ken Rockwell's lead and abandon
>the D800 for the D600.

Now THAT would make sense

DigitalDarrell

Knoxville, US
5987 posts

#18. "RE: Nikon D800E no longer supported by Nikon USA????" | In response to Reply # 0

DigitalDarrell Team Member Founding Member of the Nikonians writer Guild. Author of most of the NikoniansPress books. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Charter Member
Tue 23-Oct-12 01:45 AM | edited Tue 23-Oct-12 01:52 AM by DigitalDarrell

Nikon can't begin to make enough to supply the overwhelming demand, and they are going to abandon one of the most popular cameras ever made by them? (Yeah, right!)

Nikon will indeed stop production on and withdraw the Nikon D800E...in 2016. Until then, stand in line!

==============================================
Darrell Young (DigitalDarrell) www.pictureandpen.com
"Better too many words than not enough understanding."
==============================================

Hawk Eyes

US
167 posts

#19. "RE: Nikon D800E no longer supported by Nikon USA????" | In response to Reply # 18

Hawk Eyes Registered since 09th Jun 2012
Tue 23-Oct-12 02:25 AM | edited Tue 23-Oct-12 02:34 AM by Hawk Eyes

This just in, I was called by an undisclosed source and told I could come over to see the
"NEW D800E " that has all the focus issues taken care of and shoots 14fps at 36mp.
So I took my cell phone to check it out.
It has an awesome LAZER Guided focus system, that is hooked into the hot shoe. Here is a sneak peak photo I took with my trusty G3 landscape cell phone!

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Hawk Eyes

US
167 posts

#20. "RE: Nikon D800E no longer supported by Nikon USA????" | In response to Reply # 19

Hawk Eyes Registered since 09th Jun 2012
Tue 23-Oct-12 03:45 AM | edited Tue 23-Oct-12 03:49 AM by Hawk Eyes

Also update, from the clown show !

http://www.photographyblog.com/news/nikon_d800e_no_longer_supported_by_nikon_usa/

agitater

Toronto, CA
4527 posts

#21. "RE: Nikon D800E no longer supported by Nikon USA????" | In response to Reply # 0

Tue 23-Oct-12 11:01 PM | edited Tue 23-Oct-12 11:02 PM by agitater

Pete is correct. All speculation should be dumped (including mine) and the moderators should delete this thread. Photographyblog just retracted the story.

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

EricBarney

US
32 posts

#22. "RE: Nikon D800E no longer supported by Nikon USA????" | In response to Reply # 15

EricBarney Registered since 02nd Oct 2012
Fri 26-Oct-12 12:24 AM

>Maybe Nikon decided to follow Ken Rockwell's lead and abandon
>the D800 for the D600.

I saw that on his website. What is up with Ken?

G