Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Can we talk about the Sensor?

KoiGardenGuy

Seattle, US
161 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
KoiGardenGuy Registered since 19th Sep 2009
Tue 07-Feb-12 01:58 PM | edited Tue 07-Feb-12 02:14 PM by KoiGardenGuy

Is this sensor diff from previous?
Is NIKON changing the way it does sensors? Isn't this one made by SONY? Are all of NIKON's sensors made by Sony or is this a new strategy? If it is, then this would seem like a good strategy to focus scarce development resources on things that make a Nikon a Nikon. Otherwise: isn't this same sensor in Sony's flagship camera(which must be half the price)?
tia

Michael Rudinsky
The Koi Garden Guy
http://koigarden.blogspot.com/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

briantilley

Paignton, UK
30235 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

#1. "RE: Can we talk about the Sensor?" | In response to Reply # 0

briantilley Gold Member Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003
Tue 07-Feb-12 01:46 PM

Several previous Nikon DSLR's have used Sony-made sensors; it's a well-established relationship. Even when the same base sensor has been used in a Sony camera, Nikon's engineers have managed to eke better performance out of it

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

G