Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

The resolving power of D800e.....

InsaneO

Encino, US
395 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
InsaneO Registered since 09th May 2012
Thu 05-Jul-12 06:49 AM

First shot is reduced. It was converted from RAW with all sharpening set at Zero in converter. The others are 100% crops. The last one was sharpened a little. Was taken with Sigma 50-500mm OS 380mm at F9. Even at F9 DOF is razor thin. I don't think any camera is capable displaying resolution of the eye as this camera can.

Click on image to view larger version

Hawk Eyes

US
167 posts

#1. "RE: The resolving power of D800e....." | In response to Reply # 0

Hawk Eyes Registered since 09th Jun 2012
Thu 05-Jul-12 09:04 AM | edited Thu 05-Jul-12 09:07 AM by Hawk Eyes

Nice, I know it is just a great camera. I feel very lucky I got my hands on a D800E. I have said this before. I will post some published shots and a cover for a magazine that I just got next week. I am Very happy with what I can Achieve with the D800E.

Ferguson

Cape Coral, US
5701 posts

#2. "RE: The resolving power of D800e....." | In response to Reply # 0

Ferguson Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the generous sharing of his high level expertise in the spirit of Nikonians Nikonian since 19th Aug 2004
Thu 05-Jul-12 01:23 PM | edited Thu 05-Jul-12 01:23 PM by Ferguson

I think clearly you have a defective one, with poor focus. You should throw it away. Or, since I am a nice guy, I would give it a good home and let it keep my similarly defective D800 company.

Very nice. Maybe 1" depth of field there?

Comments welcomed on pictures: Http://captivephotons.com

InsaneO

Encino, US
395 posts

#3. "RE: The resolving power of D800e....." | In response to Reply # 2

InsaneO Registered since 09th May 2012
Thu 05-Jul-12 02:19 PM

For some reason I can't see what the distance was so I can't calculate DOF. But it looks like DOF was more like 1/4 of the inch.

G