Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How fast can the D 800 write to the memory card?

Kidkett

Campo, US
442 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Kidkett Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 09th Apr 2010
Wed 21-Mar-12 12:55 AM

Does anyone know what the fastest speed the D800 can write to the memory cards? I can't seam to find that information anywhere. Maybe I am looking to hard.

Thanks,
Bill

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

RRRoger

Monterey Bay, US
3373 posts

#1. "RE: How fast can the D 800 write to the memory card?" | In response to Reply # 0

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter Member
Wed 21-Mar-12 09:45 PM

Good question.
The D4 is supposed to do in excess of 200MBs.
I would expect it to be the same, but it may be slower do to having to process bigger files.

Kidkett

Campo, US
442 posts

#2. "RE: How fast can the D 800 write to the memory card?" | In response to Reply # 1

Kidkett Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 09th Apr 2010
Wed 21-Mar-12 10:24 PM

Thanks Roger,

I guess the figures are not out yet and that is why I couldn't find them. You would think they would post those figures so we would know what cards to buy. That information will give me an idea what memory card to buy. I'll get a couple of 90-95 MBS as I don't shoot a burst of pictures very often but it will help to get it off the card into the computer. That will put about 1-2 pictures per second on the card depending what format I am using at the time. I am not sure how fast they can take the SD cards in the future, I guess we will have to wait and see. Top end cards just cost to much for what you get, and I wait till they come down.

Thanks again,
Bill

RRRoger

Monterey Bay, US
3373 posts

#3. "RE: How fast can the D 800 write to the memory card?" | In response to Reply # 2

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter Member
Thu 22-Mar-12 01:16 AM

Yes, the fastest cards I can afford are usually 2nd tier.
I plan on using Lexar 600x compact flash and 45MBs SanDisk SDHC cards.

G