Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 Used at Amazon for $1,900! 2 Available

dankeny

Roland, US
1557 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dankeny Silver Member Nikonian since 29th May 2006
Mon 26-Mar-12 08:24 PM

Gosh, I am so tempted. Some body probably used it really hard though and it's likely worn out. Nothing but the most reputable used dealers on Amazon.

David

mdonovan

Mahwah, US
321 posts

#1. "RE: D800 Used at Amazon for $1,900! 2 Available" | In response to Reply # 0

mdonovan Gold Member Charter Member
Mon 26-Mar-12 06:33 PM

Only one is $1900 .. the other is $4000

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. - A. Einstein

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

walkerr

Colorado Springs, US
16977 posts

#2. "RE: D800 Used at Amazon for $1,900! 2 Available" | In response to Reply # 0

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Master Ribbon awarded as a member who has gone beyond technical knowledge to show mastery of the art and science of photography   Donor Ribbon awarded for his most generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 05th May 2002
Mon 26-Mar-12 06:54 PM

A brand new camera used really hard? I noticed the person offering it is new to Amazon with no track record. Hmmm. When it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Rick Walker

My photos:

GeoVista Photography

dmenges

Rochester, US
2237 posts

#3. "RE: D800 Used at Amazon for $1,900! 2 Available" | In response to Reply # 0

dmenges Silver Member Nikonian since 26th May 2004
Mon 26-Mar-12 07:35 PM

I don't think I'd touch this.

Don Menges
Menges Technology Integration

srr

West Chester, US
9 posts

#4. "RE: D800 Used at Amazon for $1,900! 2 Available" | In response to Reply # 3

srr Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Oct 2007
Mon 26-Mar-12 08:02 PM

I saw this last night but decided it was too fishy to be reliable. If someone had the camera for this short of time they could just return it for the full price. I use Amazon a lot and they seem to me to be very careful... so i don't know what is going on here.

Steve

Ferguson

Cape Coral, US
5757 posts

#5. "RE: D800 Used at Amazon for $1,900! 2 Available" | In response to Reply # 0

Ferguson Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the generous sharing of his high level expertise in the spirit of Nikonians Nikonian since 19th Aug 2004
Mon 26-Mar-12 08:42 PM

I'm more curious if people are really paying $3900-$4800 for it, which are the now going prices shown. I don't do ebay myself, but it looks like real bids up to $3550.

Keep this up and it's going to get called the iD800 and have a glowing white half-eaten piece of fruit drawn on it.

Comments welcomed on pictures: Http://captivephotons.com

dirwin

Fountain Hills, US
146 posts

#6. "RE: D800 Used at Amazon for $1,900! 2 Available" | In response to Reply # 0

dirwin Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 27th Feb 2007
Tue 27-Mar-12 10:53 AM

Seattle Craigslist: Brand new D800 - $3600. No pictures of item, sounds shady or someone trying to make a quick $. Hope no one buys it and the person doesn't get to scalp anyone.

Don Irwin

RRRoger

Monterey Bay, US
3373 posts

#7. "RE: D800 Used at Amazon for $1,900! 2 Available" | In response to Reply # 6

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter Member
Tue 27-Mar-12 11:59 AM

That guy has probably sold the camera 10 times already and been banned from Amazon.
This would not be the first time it happened.

I am afraid that those waiting for the price of the D800 to come down are going to be disappointed,
unless they plan on waiting over a year and buying used.
More likely it will go up!

G