Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

GGS Top LCD Cover ......"Test".......

icslowmo

Surprise, US
613 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
icslowmo Registered since 01st Jan 2012
Sun 21-Oct-12 02:54 AM

Wasn't sure were to share this but this is on my D800E....

So my little family (My wife, daughter (10 Months old) , and I) went to Disney Land last weekend and I had my camera over the should sling style, and was going through one of the little kiddy ride lines and camera bumped/banged into a poll as I was holding my daughter and was distracted. Didn't know this happened until we got to the front of the line..... Shows why I will always have one on my camera now...

Click on image to view larger version

Chris

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Wingman

Kimberley, CA
1652 posts

#1. "RE: GGS Top LCD Cover ......"Test"......." | In response to Reply # 0

Wingman Silver Member Awarded for sharing his excellent work and continued contribution to the forums, most notably at the Aviation forum. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2002
Sun 21-Oct-12 01:30 AM

I've loved my GGS protectors but never broken one. Was it difficult to remove?

Neal Nurmi

---Wingman Photo---

InsaneO

Encino, US
395 posts

#2. "RE: GGS Top LCD Cover ......"Test"......." | In response to Reply # 0

InsaneO Registered since 09th May 2012
Sun 21-Oct-12 01:51 AM

There is no guaranty that if you did not have this protective glass it would break top LCD if you bumped it. The reason it broke in the first place is because there is a gap between protector and top LCD.
I have one too on all of my cameras and few days ago my 7D rear LCD cover got broken by simply being pushed in too hard with a finger just because there is even bigger gap. The good news is that I got them for like $4 so no biggie.

InsaneO

Encino, US
395 posts

#3. "RE: GGS Top LCD Cover ......"Test"......." | In response to Reply # 1

InsaneO Registered since 09th May 2012
Sun 21-Oct-12 01:53 AM

Use a thread or tooth floss and just scrape it off. I also use Goof-off to remove the glue.

icslowmo

Surprise, US
613 posts

#4. "RE: GGS Top LCD Cover ......"Test"......." | In response to Reply # 1

icslowmo Registered since 01st Jan 2012
Sun 21-Oct-12 02:02 AM

Yea actually was easy to remove with a little heat applied (hair dryer) softened the glue and I used a plastic razor blade to pull glass off....

And yes more then likely the gap helped add to the cause... Now I wonder if I didn't have one on, would this have still broke the LCD...??? Wonder what the cost would have been to repair such a thing...??? More then the $9 a new kit costs....

Chris

G