Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 arrives tomorrow from Nikon USA

WhereRu

Pleasant Prairie, US
95 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
WhereRu Basic Member
Thu 31-May-12 01:55 PM

Well, after all this waiting I woke up to the UPS shipment notification this morning! My latest "ship date" was June 15th so getting it on June 1st is a bonus. Of course this is after having previous ship dates that just kept getting extended. Just sharing because there is hope. Because of where I ordered (AAFES) the camera is coming directly from Nikon.
This is going to be a long 24 hours waiting for it to arrive, got the wife to take a day off from work so she can watch the front door for the arrival.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Clint S

Chula Vista, US
460 posts

#1. "RE: D800 arrives tomorrow from Nikon USA" | In response to Reply # 0

Clint S Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Jan 2011
Thu 31-May-12 11:17 PM

Just checked the status on my April 15th order at AAFES. The camera shipped yesterday with a delivery date of 6 June. Shipped from Louisville yesterday and due to arrive here in San Diego by end of the day 5 June.

Let's see that's only until next Tuesday, five more days, mmmm 120 hours mmmm, 7200 minutes, mmmm 432,000 seconds - that's dam near an eternity!

Oh oh --- only got four days to tell the wife!!!!!!! What do I tell the wife? What do I tell the wife? Oh #### what do I tell the wife? LOL

Seriously - we've been married long engouh she probably knew I ordered it, before I ordered it.

Visit my Nikonians gallery - my Spare Time gallery

DigitalDarrell

Knoxville, US
5987 posts

#2. "RE: D800 arrives tomorrow from Nikon USA" | In response to Reply # 0

DigitalDarrell Team Member Founding Member of the Nikonians writer Guild. Author of most of the NikoniansPress books. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Charter Member
Fri 01-Jun-12 02:20 AM

Congratulations to both of you! Your life is about to change. Photography is about to get even more exciting.

The only problem with the D800 is the fact, as the Nikon ad says, "Sorry, you are going to want to shoot everything you ever shot, all over again."

==============================================
Darrell Young (DigitalDarrell) www.pictureandpen.com
"Better too many words than not enough understanding."
==============================================

WhereRu

Pleasant Prairie, US
95 posts

#3. "RE: D800 arrives tomorrow from Nikon USA" | In response to Reply # 0

WhereRu Basic Member
Fri 01-Jun-12 09:23 PM

My baby arrived alive and well!!! After just two hours and a couple hundred frames I can report good news so far. Battery is not on recall. Back screen is not green tinted. Appears to be no "left focus" issue, all focus points are spot on. I have absolutely NO problem getting sharp photos while shooting hand held. I tried 11 different lenses and even with my oldest glass I say WOW!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE how great the pictures from this thing are. Dynamic range is really blowing my mind. The ergonomics are actually perfect for my hands. And MOST IMPORTANTLY... I am SO HAPPY to be back in the full frame world. My 48 year old brain was raised on "full frame" and I never was comfortable with the switch to DX even though I own 5 Nikon DX bodies. It's like I am home and now have great new possibilities!

WhereRu

Pleasant Prairie, US
95 posts

#4. "RE: D800 arrives tomorrow from Nikon USA" | In response to Reply # 3

WhereRu Basic Member
Fri 01-Jun-12 09:27 PM

Wait, I do have to add one downside... My MAC G5 PowerPC cannot open the files so I am forced to used my iMac with only 4 gigs of RAM. Hey, I can deal with it. Hmmmm, next upgrade...?

Mreid64

Lake Jackson, US
9 posts

#5. "RE: D800 arrives tomorrow from Nikon USA" | In response to Reply # 4

Mreid64 Registered since 29th Mar 2012
Sat 02-Jun-12 09:50 AM | edited Sat 02-Jun-12 03:10 PM by Mreid64

Just got an email notice that the D800 I ordered from The Exchange on April 12 will arrive Monday. I can now cancel both of my BH orders placed 2/10 and 2/12. The one I ordered locally will also arrive next week so the hubby and I will both have our cameras. Ready for a D800 class.

ljordan316

Inverness, US
830 posts

#6. "RE: D800 arrives tomorrow from Nikon USA" | In response to Reply # 5

ljordan316 Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Feb 2010
Sun 03-Jun-12 01:37 PM

For a D800 class, you can't go wrong with Winston Hall. He was our Nikonians trek leader in AZ/Utah last month. He knows his stuff...and he is scheduled to teach several of the D800 classes for Nikonians. Great guy too.

Larry Jordan

D800E, D500, 14-24, 16-35, 24-70, 70-180 Micro, 80-400mm AF-S, 500mm AF-S II

http://larryjordan.smugmug.com/

akers

Roseville, US
391 posts

#7. "RE: D800 arrives tomorrow from Nikon USA" | In response to Reply # 0

akers Registered since 10th Aug 2004
Sun 03-Jun-12 10:03 PM

Congrats! AAFES always comes through ... eventually.

You are going to be thrilled with the D800. I have been so impressed that I pulled the trigger (Star card actually) on a D800E a few days ago. AAFES price ... $3,056 ... you can't go wrong. I will probably sell the D3s when the 800E gets here.

Chuck

D800, D3s, 14-24, 24-70, 70-200 VRI and VRIIx2, 80-400 VR, Sigma 150-500.

Mreid64

Lake Jackson, US
9 posts

#8. "RE: D800 arrives tomorrow from Nikon USA" | In response to Reply # 7

Mreid64 Registered since 29th Mar 2012
Mon 04-Jun-12 09:55 AM

Signed up for the nikonian's D800 class.

G