Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

hmm, now what? need 2 hot shoes

steveZ

Englewood, US
441 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
steveZ Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2007
Thu 29-Nov-12 02:06 AM

finally got a wireless remote to trigger the D800 on architectural shoots.
This way I can walk around the scene with a flash and light areas.
Problem is, the flash needs to run remote off the hot shoe too.
Now what?

Steve Z
www.stevezavodny.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

gpoole

Farmington Hills, US
4124 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

#1. "RE: hmm, now what? need 2 hot shoes" | In response to Reply # 0

gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Writer Ribbon awarded for his article contributions for the Articles library and the eZine Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004
Thu 29-Nov-12 01:46 AM

I can't believe your wireless remote NEEDS the hot shoe. Most remote receivers have a foot that allow them to be mounted in the hot shoe, but do not make any electrical connections through the hot shoe. The only electrical connections are through the 10 pin socket. Also most remote receivers are light enough to safely hang from their connection cord. Just take the remote out of the hot shoe and put the flash in it. Shouldn't be any problem

Gary in SE Michigan, USA.
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300 (720nm IR conversion), D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

G