Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
geno64

midlothian, US
151 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
geno64 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Sep 2012
Fri 18-Jan-13 03:15 PM

Anybody ever try an Interfit Strobies Delta Remote on a D800? It shows that it works with a D300 and D700, but nothing on the D800. I can't imagine that it's that much different. I want to try a remote trigger rather than a cord to reduce camera shake. If not, any other suggestions as far as remotes go?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

ClassicNikonF

Concord, US
71 posts

#1. "RE: Remote Trigger" | In response to Reply # 0

ClassicNikonF Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Jan 2013
Sat 19-Jan-13 01:24 AM

I use a RFN-4s and can absolutely swear by it. Uses radio frequency and range is plenty generous. Search for it in Amazon.

Clint S

Chula Vista, US
460 posts

#2. "RE: Remote Trigger" | In response to Reply # 1

Clint S Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Jan 2011
Sat 19-Jan-13 03:18 AM

I use an Aputure Pro Coworker, $15 on Amazon. I've used it a far away as 150 feet. The units can be used as both a wired and wireless. I've used in at 150 feet witha house between the units. One unit uses a couple of AAA cells and the other uses a 23A battery, and I remove the 23A battery to keep the battery from being discahrged. The only negative I have have about the unit.

Visit my Nikonians gallery - my Spare Time gallery

geno64

midlothian, US
151 posts

#3. "RE: Remote Trigger" | In response to Reply # 2

Sat 19-Jan-13 03:56 AM

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out. It seems the older I get, the harder it to keep things steady.

helmdr

Houston, US
297 posts

#4. "RE: Remote Trigger" | In response to Reply # 3

helmdr Registered since 08th Nov 2012
Sat 19-Jan-13 07:02 AM

I use the Solmeta Geotagger Pro 2 GPS system on my D800 and it comes with a wireless remote. Works pretty well so far, but admitedly still pretty new.

Gromit44

UK
730 posts

#5. "RE: Remote Trigger" | In response to Reply # 1

Gromit44 Registered since 04th Jan 2012
Sat 19-Jan-13 11:48 AM | edited Sat 19-Jan-13 12:01 PM by Gromit44

>I use a RFN-4s and can absolutely swear by it. Uses radio
>frequency and range is plenty generous. Search for it in
>Amazon.

I've also got the RFN-4s. The main advantage is it uses the 10-pin instead of the hotshoe. No cables to clutter things up and the receiver is tiny.

My only complaint is the transmitter shutter button could be better cushioned - on the other hand you only need one AAA battery for the whole system (the receiver takes power from the camera).

See - http://www.amazon.com/RFN-4s-Wireless-Shutter-Release-connection/dp/B005PCDSBQ

rutherfordphoto

Vancouver, CA
5099 posts

#6. "RE: Remote Trigger" | In response to Reply # 0

rutherfordphoto Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Registered since 26th Aug 2002
Sat 19-Jan-13 02:33 PM

I use Pocket Wizards if I need to remotely trigger my cameras. They use the 10 pin connector as their way of connecting with the camera body. One of the main advantages to the Pocket Wizards is that they never fail, they have a range of up to 1,600 feet, have selectable channels, and they take AA batteries, available anywhere. They also work perfectly with Nikon Speedlights for triggering off camera lighting. For any setup you will need 2 remotes and a trigger if you want to remotely fire the camera.

I use the older Plus II, but the new Plus III are better and cheaper: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/844969-REG/PocketWizard_801_130_Plus_III_Transceiver_Radio.html/BI/4775/KBID/5289/

You will also need the trigger module, which is sold separately: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/180044-REG/PocketWizard_804_513_N90M3_P_Pre_Trigger_Motor_Cord.html/BI/4775/KBID/5289/

~Cheers, Allan~
www.allanschroeder.com

geno64

midlothian, US
151 posts

#7. "RE: Remote Trigger" | In response to Reply # 6

Sat 19-Jan-13 03:27 PM

Well, so much for being simple. I've been looking at B&H and Adorama and they only show a few choices. I guess I've got some research to do. This is great info guy. It looks like I'd better get busy. Thanks again.

ClassicNikonF

Concord, US
71 posts

#8. "RE: Remote Trigger" | In response to Reply # 5

ClassicNikonF Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Jan 2013
Sat 19-Jan-13 03:28 PM

>My only complaint is the transmitter shutter button could be
>better cushioned

LOL, my only complaint re the RFN-4s is threading the transmitter onto the 10-pin receptor. That operation is a PITA moment for me when trying to set up for a time sensitive shot in bitter cold conditions. I've now learned to install it before I get to the shoot. Nevertheless, still a 5-star review from me on Amazon.

G