Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
akers

Roseville, US
391 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
akers Registered since 10th Aug 2004
Wed 25-Jul-12 10:57 PM

I have been going back and forth with Nikon over my 800's focus problem. It came back from El Segundo with the problem worse than when I shipped it. They have not been cooperative and certainly do not communicate well.

I gave up this afaternoon and called my vendor, AAFES. No hassle at all. I told the nice lady (she was actually nice instead of snarly like the clown I talked to at Nikon support) and she ended up offering me either a refund or a new camera. I told her I wanted a new camera but I also wanted Nikon to be informed. Long story short, I forwarded her all the emails with Nikonand she is forwarding them to the Nikon rep.

Hopefully this will help wake up whoever is asleep at the wheel at Nikon headquarters and I will get a new D800.

Chuck

D800, D3s, 14-24, 24-70, 24-120 f4, 70-200 VRI and VRIIx2, 80-400 VR, Sigma 150-500.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Clint S

Chula Vista, US
460 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

#1. "RE: Return or refund" | In response to Reply # 0

Clint S Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Jan 2011
Thu 26-Jul-12 02:26 AM

That's great that AFFES was so responsive.

Visit my Nikonians gallery - my Spare Time gallery

G