Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon Distortion Control Lens Data Firmware 1.009

rayeddd

US
8 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
rayeddd Registered since 28th May 2013
Thu 18-Jul-13 06:27 PM

Hi has anyone seen this : Nikon Distortion Control Lens Data Firmware 1.009 .
Ray

JT2012

Livingston, US
4 posts

#1. "RE: Nikon Distortion Control Lens Data Firmware 1.009" | In response to Reply # 0

JT2012 Registered since 06th Feb 2013
Thu 18-Jul-13 05:53 PM

Hello, I just updated my D7000 without any problems, it was a very fast update.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Sixmileman

US
326 posts

#2. "RE: Nikon Distortion Control Lens Data Firmware 1.009" | In response to Reply # 0

Sixmileman Registered since 06th Mar 2013
Thu 18-Jul-13 06:23 PM

Worked fine for both my D90 and D7100 after I finally found out that the download created a folder on my desktop and that's where the update folder was. One set of official Nikon Co. instructions said that you open the download and save the update to a folder you create. Apparently no so.

rayeddd

US
8 posts

#3. "RE: Nikon Distortion Control Lens Data Firmware 1.009" | In response to Reply # 2

rayeddd Registered since 27th May 2013
Thu 18-Jul-13 06:32 PM

Ok thanks guys.
Ray.

richardd300

Dyserth, UK
4509 posts

#4. "RE: Nikon Distortion Control Lens Data Firmware 1.009" | In response to Reply # 3

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009
Fri 19-Jul-13 08:45 AM | edited Fri 19-Jul-13 08:46 AM by richardd300

I notice this firmware update on the UK/EU Nikon website is dated 04/11/2010! Usually, when there is a Nikon update I receive an e-mail from Nikon UK, I haven't this time. So, how important is this apparently 33 month old update and as I'm not a jpeg shooter does it affect my D7100 and D800 please?

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

briantilley

Paignton, UK
30235 posts

#5. "RE: Nikon Distortion Control Lens Data Firmware 1.009" | In response to Reply # 4

briantilley Gold Member Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003
Fri 19-Jul-13 09:47 AM

It's confusing, but that date must reflect when the FIRST distortion control firmware update was published. Version 1.009 is definitely new, and has only just been released. It will only make a difference if you own one of the newer lenses that it supports, such as the 800mm f/5.6.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

richardd300

Dyserth, UK
4509 posts

#6. "RE: Nikon Distortion Control Lens Data Firmware 1.009" | In response to Reply # 5

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009
Fri 19-Jul-13 09:54 AM

Thanks Brian. I was confused by the date and thought it was something like that. As all the lenses I own were manufactured before the original issue date, I shall ignore it

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

G