Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Battery Grip for D7000?

Artilleryman33

Lakewood, US
18 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Artilleryman33 Registered since 31st Dec 2012
Sat 18-May-13 03:39 PM

I want to purchase a battery grip but cant afford the Nikon brand right now anyone have any good recommendations? I looked on Amazon.com and there is so many between $39-$79 but scared if I buy it will mess my camera up any brand recommendations?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3576 posts

#1. "RE: Battery Grip for D7000?" | In response to Reply # 0

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Sat 18-May-13 02:36 PM

My D7000 has the Meike grip which has been reliable and fits well. There are other brands that have had good reports and some have a complaint of easily broken tab for unlocking the battery tray.
If you get something from Amazon, I suggest getting products that are shipped from Amazon directly instead of one of their affiliate dealers.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

tekneektom

Kohler, US
2003 posts

#2. "RE: Battery Grip for D7000?" | In response to Reply # 0

tekneektom Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Winner in the Annual Nikonians Best Images Contest 2015 Nikonian since 18th Nov 2011
Sat 18-May-13 02:45 PM

I purchased my Non-Nikon grip for D7000 at Amazon and I couldn't be happier with it.

Tom

Omaha

Omaha, US
566 posts

#3. "RE: Battery Grip for D7000?" | In response to Reply # 2

Omaha Registered since 07th Jan 2012
Sun 19-May-13 02:39 AM

Coincidentally, I purchased a genuine-Nikon grip from Amazon and couldn't be more disappointed in it.

Visit my Nikonians gallery
Most of my Nikon photos end up here.

Clint S

Chula Vista, US
460 posts

#4. "RE: Battery Grip for D7000?" | In response to Reply # 3

Clint S Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Jan 2011
Sun 19-May-13 04:29 AM

I have battery grip for D7000 with a broken tab for unlocking the battery tray. The tray for the double A batteries still has the tab. I just use the tip of my fingers to unlock and lock the tray. Outside of that it had been great. Puchased through Amazon. My D7000 was stolen so it now just sits.

Visit my Nikonians gallery - my Spare Time gallery

Bravozulu

Los Angeles, US
762 posts

#5. "RE: Battery Grip for D7000?" | In response to Reply # 4

Bravozulu Registered since 04th Jun 2012
Sun 19-May-13 03:07 PM

If shopping at Amazon, there are good reports on these grips for the D7000 --- Mieke, Neweer, Bower (sp). I had trouble with the Pixel and had to return it. Electrical problems.
Though a few other folks here report having luck with the Pixel.

Amazon is real good about warranty and refunds. I ended up spending $212 for a genuine Nikon. I think all that the extra money got me was the assurance of Nikon service. But a grip is a quite useful accessory. One that you can't fully appreciate without trying it.

dbuckenmyer

Jackson, US
86 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

#6. "RE: Battery Grip for D7000?" | In response to Reply # 5

dbuckenmyer Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Feb 2009
Tue 21-May-13 03:08 AM

dbuckenmyer

I have thought about a grip but I am afraid it will add too much weight

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3576 posts

#7. "RE: Battery Grip for D7000?" | In response to Reply # 6

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Tue 21-May-13 02:20 PM

A grip actually lowers fatigue by giving a larger gripping area so all fingers can share the work. That means gripping tension is less for a secure hold. Hand fatigue is quite a bit less during a long session or event.
Another big advantage of a gripped camera is that portrait orientation can be as stable as landscape orientation due a far better holding position so a lower shutter speed can be used.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

jwgjr

Severna Park, US
2 posts

#8. "RE: Battery Grip for D7000?" | In response to Reply # 7

jwgjr Registered since 30th Apr 2013
Tue 21-May-13 03:17 PM

I purchased a Mieke for my D7000 and had all kinds of issues, Finally purchased a Nikon one and have had no issues at all.

G