Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available

flashdeadline

Havelock, US
4110 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
flashdeadline Administrator Expert professional photojournalist Awarded for his multiple contributions to the eZine, Newsletters and more Nikonian since 07th Apr 2002
Wed 17-Apr-13 05:03 PM | edited Thu 19-Sep-13 05:37 AM by jrp

Nikonians author Darrell Young (DigitalDarrell) reports his newest book, Mastering the Nikon D7100
is now available for pre-order at Amazon.com. The USA site is currently showing the book with a 34% savings ($26.37 instead of $39.95). The UK site is also showing it available at £30.99.

Click on image to view larger version

Darrell has been working with this camera with the meticulous attention to detail required in preparing an extensive handbook and he took a break from his research to share his first impressions:

"The Nikon D7100 camera takes all the mature features of the Nikon D7000 and combines them with the best features of the Nikon D600. It then imitates the Nikon D800E by removing the low-pass (AA or blur filter), leading to the sharpest DX camera in existence, and even adds the professional 51-point AF system for powerful autofocus.

The camera is a dream for an advanced enthusiast who has DX lenses and maybe a few FX lenses. The D7100 is fast, has a unique 2x crop mode, a 100% viewfinder, 24 MP, and 1080p video that can either be recorded to the memory cards or by streaming to an external recorder, such as the Atomos Ninja-2, through the HDMI port.

The D7100 is the current flagship DX camera and my ultimate goal in writing Mastering the Nikon D7100 is to cover every detail of the camera in easy to understand language and with copious graphics"

We have heard from a reputable source that the projected availability of this new book will be much sooner than the current November projection. In fact it should probably be closer to September availability.

As always, this new edition of NikoniansPress Books will carry a 50% discount voucher code for a one year Gold Membership.

---Tom

"Shoot everything f/16 at a 100 and let the lab boys worry about it."

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera."

D7100_OPS

US
2 posts

#1. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

D7100_OPS Registered since 27th Jun 2013
Thu 27-Jun-13 08:15 AM

Going to get one sounds like a great read.

Brubish

Gloucester, UK
14 posts

#2. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

Brubish Silver Member Nikonian since 27th May 2013
Fri 28-Jun-13 07:04 AM

UK Amazon price is £23.83 with free delivery; I've already pre-ordered one. They say delivery in October.

Brian

DigitalDarrell

Knoxville, US
5987 posts

#3. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

DigitalDarrell Team Member Founding Member of the Nikonians writer Guild. Author of most of the NikoniansPress books. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Charter Member
Mon 01-Jul-13 07:07 PM

I appreciate all who are preordering. This helps my publishing company know how many books to print for the initial print run. If you do preorder, you will receive the lowest price even though it may have been higher when you preordered. Amazon.com does not charge your card until the book actually ships. Thanks!

==============================================
Darrell Young (DigitalDarrell) www.pictureandpen.com
"Better too many words than not enough understanding."

plankowner110

Akron, US
500 posts

#4. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 3

plankowner110 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Apr 2004
Sat 06-Jul-13 02:09 PM

Just pre-ordered my copy from Amazon for $27.64 plus FREE super-saver shipping.
Bill
Nikon since 1970

silantra

MY
2 posts

#5. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

silantra Registered since 01st Jun 2013
Sat 06-Jul-13 02:23 PM

Hi guys...i just got this book 3 days ago...worth to read and i'm beginning to feel better with my D7000. Thanks Digi Darrell for a very clear explanation.

However, upon reading more pages i suddenly found a few pages that suffered from bad printing quality. What i mean is the printing were overlapping with black and grey text and became blur. It's hard to read. I counted so far there are about 12 pages that suffered this problem.

How can this got pass QC check.

DigitalDarrell

Knoxville, US
5987 posts

#6. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 5

DigitalDarrell Team Member Founding Member of the Nikonians writer Guild. Author of most of the NikoniansPress books. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Charter Member
Sat 06-Jul-13 02:36 PM

Silantra,

Are you talking about Mastering the Nikon D7000? This thread is about Mastering the Nikon D7100, which has not yet been released (as of July 6, 2013).

If you have the D7000 book and it has damage from printing, I would first contact the vendor that sold it to you and ask for a new copy. I will report this problem to my publisher. Let me know if you have any problems getting a replacement. Thanks!

silantra

MY
2 posts

#7. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 6

silantra Registered since 01st Jun 2013
Sun 07-Jul-13 02:27 AM

>Silantra,
>
>Are you talking about Mastering the Nikon D7000? This thread
>is about Mastering the Nikon D7100, which has not yet been
>released (as of July 6, 2013).
>
>If you have the D7000 book and it has damage from printing, I
>would first contact the vendor that sold it to you and ask for
>a new copy. I will report this problem to my publisher. Let me
>know if you have any problems getting a replacement. Thanks!

Hi Darrel,

pardon me.... yeah it's the D7000. Sorry to place this in a wrong section. maybe i'm getting old ) LOL

anyway, twhen i bought the book in local book store, that was the last copy available. Didnt have the chance to flip all pages.

maybe we can have further discuss this thru my email adc3003 AT gmail dot com.

Thanks Darrell

kathiemt

Selby, AU
224 posts

#8. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

kathiemt Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Nov 2012
Sun 07-Jul-13 06:59 AM

Tempted to order but haven't got one yet. Been doing the research though, and am pretty sure I'll be investing in one of these. I have a D90, almost 5 years old. Think it's time to more up

Kathie M. Thomas
Nikon D7100 & D7000, 35mm, 60mm, 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 70-300mm and...
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kathiesphotos
Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/Melbourne-Nikon-Lovers/
Visit my Nikonians gallery.

DigitalDarrell

Knoxville, US
5987 posts

#9. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

Fri 13-Sep-13 04:49 PM

Mastering the Nikon D7100 has been printed and will be in the distribution channel as of September 18th. Those who have preordered will receive their books in a few days. It is not too late to preorder and get in on the first shipments. The printed edition will start shipping shortly. The eBook versions will be available about September 28th. Thank you!

Squirri

Nottingham, UK
54 posts

#10. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 9

Squirri Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Apr 2012
Sat 21-Sep-13 07:27 AM

I have the ePub version of the D7000 book. I'll buy the D7100 version when it's available.

'Nuff said

res ipsa loquitur

ctrclckws

Jersey City, US
314 posts

#11. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 10

ctrclckws Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Jul 2013
Fri 27-Sep-13 08:51 PM | edited Sat 28-Sep-13 03:09 PM by ctrclckws

Kindle is ok, but will there be a Nook ebook?
Edit: The epub version from OReilly works fine. Now I have print and ebook versions for home and to take along.

kathiemt

Selby, AU
224 posts

#12. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 9

kathiemt Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Nov 2012
Fri 27-Sep-13 09:47 PM

Because I live in Australia it's told me expected delivery is November Hoping it gets to me sooner than that though. Mind you I don't have the camera yet but my birthday is next month and I've told the family just to give me money as I'm saving up for the camera, so hopefully not that far away now.

Kathie M. Thomas
Nikon D7100 & D7000, 35mm, 60mm, 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 70-300mm and...
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kathiesphotos
Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/Melbourne-Nikon-Lovers/

MajorDave

US
1 posts

#13. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 12

MajorDave Registered since 07th Oct 2013
Mon 07-Oct-13 09:44 PM

Just ordered mine.  Can't wait to get it.  Thanks.

grbarrows

Cheyenne, US
6 posts

#14. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

grbarrows Registered since 28th Feb 2006
Wed 09-Oct-13 09:08 PM

GRBarrows

I was wondering if anyone knows if the Gold membership coupon comes with the Kindle version of the book as well.
Thanks,
Glenn

Dean51

US
50 posts

#15. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book now available" | In response to Reply # 0

Dean51 Silver Member Nikonian since 10th May 2013
Tue 29-Oct-13 03:59 PM

My new D7100 should be here in a few days so just ordered this book to give me a jump start with the camera. So looking forward to it.

Crisol

Barcelona, ES
37 posts

#16. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book now available" | In response to Reply # 15

Crisol Registered since 15th Apr 2013
Thu 31-Oct-13 05:17 PM

Bought one for my kindle.

Crisol

Barcelona, ES
37 posts

#17. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 14

Thu 31-Oct-13 05:19 PM | edited Mon 09-Jun-14 03:47 AM by jrp

>GRBarrows

>
>I was wondering if anyone knows if the Gold membership coupon
>comes with the Kindle version of the book as well.
>Thanks,
>Glenn

Yes, it is at the end of the ebook.

jalovette

Chattanooga, US
17 posts

#18. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

jalovette Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Nov 2013
Sun 10-Nov-13 12:56 AM

my copy arrived this week, looking forward to reading it!

M_Machado

Mississauga, CA
2 posts

#19. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 18

M_Machado Registered since 10th Nov 2013
Sun 17-Nov-13 01:08 AM

Just got my book from Amazon few days ago so I will have a lot to read about the camera and so far very nice book to have.

krn

US
17 posts

#20. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

krn Registered since 09th Oct 2013
Tue 19-Nov-13 05:09 AM

Unless there is some type of different book then I bought this one and it is awesome!

Garrett Hayes

Lucan, Ireland, IE
287 posts

#21. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

Garrett Hayes Gold Member Nikonian since 03rd Nov 2004
Wed 20-Nov-13 07:38 AM

Got my copy on Amazon last night. As usual, an EXCELLENT book and answers all those questions that you really wanted to know. Well done

GH

Crisol

Barcelona, ES
37 posts

#22. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 21

Fri 22-Nov-13 11:42 AM

It is there any discount is you buy the paper copy if you already have a digital one?

krn

US
17 posts

#23. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 22

krn Registered since 09th Oct 2013
Fri 22-Nov-13 11:43 AM

Not that I am aware of (if you buy from Amazon.com). I do not know about other avenues.

eferca99

US
1 posts

#24. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

eferca99 Registered since 02nd Dec 2013
Mon 02-Dec-13 04:26 AM

i just bought my new Nikon D7100 i am looking forward to buy this book

jetkins

Austin, TX, US
87 posts

#25. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

jetkins Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Nov 2011
Thu 05-Dec-13 01:54 PM

I bought my D7100 last Saturday, and the Kindle version of this book on Sunday. Love being able to carry it with me everywhere.

M_Machado

Mississauga, CA
2 posts

#26. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

M_Machado Registered since 10th Nov 2013
Sat 14-Dec-13 01:57 PM

Bought the book and the kindle version of this great book which I just finished reading. Time to re-read again too much info to learn. Thanks.

shipsdrummer

Robert in New Orleans LA, US
427 posts

#27. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

shipsdrummer Gold Member Nikonian since 29th Mar 2006
Thu 16-Jan-14 01:18 PM | edited Fri 17-Jan-14 04:08 PM by shipsdrummer

Found it on Darrel's website.

fivesense

US
1142 posts

#28. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

fivesense Registered since 30th Dec 2013
Wed 22-Jan-14 03:05 PM

Just a note to say that I am enjoying Darrel's book immensely. It is far more informative and pleasant to read than the manual that came with the camera. He writes in a technical and free-flowing, easy-to-read style, which is unique for such technical material and subject matter.

Darrell goes deep in depth on each of the functions and settings on the powerhouse D7100, which make this book a "go-to" resource for the life of your camera ownership.

I have the hard copy, but because the images in the book are mostly about the functions and settings, you could get this book on Kindle and not lose anything of tremendous import; meaning it is not a composition book, so you can do without the photography pictures.

Although I'm slightly more than a novice now, I'm also considering Young's "Beyond Point and Shoot..." book as it delves into the basics as well as slightly more advanced precepts of photography. Although it appears to have some truly "newbie" topics, it seems like it may also provide a refreshing look at ISO, aperture, shutter speed, bokeh, etc...

I highly recommend Young's work!

Thundian

Augusta Township, US
1 posts

#29. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

Thundian Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Feb 2014
Sun 02-Feb-14 12:52 AM

I bought the Kindle version and using it on both my desktop and surface 2. I am new to DSLR. This book has given me a new life to knowing how to take photographs using my new D7100

Scorpio72

CZ
248 posts

#30. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 29

Scorpio72 Registered since 02nd Nov 2013
Wed 12-Mar-14 12:19 PM

Looks very interesting book... thank you.

Beard Man

Arlington, US
17 posts

#31. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 30

Beard Man Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Apr 2013
Tue 18-Mar-14 05:01 AM | edited Tue 18-Mar-14 05:03 AM by Beard Man

I was ordered this book,all I can say this is a super informative book I ever seen! Thank you Darrell for amazing work,its really help me to understand my D7100 camera!
Thanks again!

onestepbeyond

US
5 posts

#32. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 31

onestepbeyond Gold Member Nikonian since 01st Apr 2014
Thu 03-Apr-14 06:58 AM | edited Mon 09-Jun-14 03:49 AM by jrp

I bought the book on Amazon. It's the reason I decided to join the forum and purchase a Gold Membership.

Barry

PBlais

Hayes, US
2146 posts

#33. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

PBlais Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 19th Jan 2014
Fri 30-May-14 09:42 PM

Just bought a copy today on Amazon and still a great price. Thanks Darrell!

DigitalDarrell

Knoxville, US
5987 posts

#34. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

Fri 30-May-14 11:49 PM

I've been reading back over this thread and I must say that I am very happy to hear that so many of you are enjoying Mastering the Nikon D7100. It makes the long hours writing a book of this magnitude worthwhile. Sincere thanks to each of you who bought a copy!

williams401

Penacook, US
8 posts

#35. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

williams401 Registered since 08th Jun 2014
Sun 08-Jun-14 10:50 PM

I just purchased an autographed copy of Mastering The Nikon D7100 by Darrell Young on EBay to complement my purchase of the D7100 I made a week ago, and I am looking forward to figuring out what I am doing with this camera going forward.

DigitalDarrell

Knoxville, US
5987 posts

#36. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 35

Sun 08-Jun-14 11:11 PM | edited Sun 08-Jun-14 11:13 PM by DigitalDarrell

Ken,

Thanks for purchasing an autographed copy of my book on eBay. I got your order and I'll get it shipped to you tomorrow. I hope you enjoy your new camera and that my book helps you get maximum benefit from it.

The D7100 is a complex little jewel, however, it has a lot of power and flexibility. I think you're going to make some of the best images you've ever shot with your new camera.

When the book arrives, sit down with your camera and your new NikoniansPress book. Take the time to consider each function. You will come away with much greater knowledge of what the camera can do for you.

Look for the Nikonians Gold Membership 50% discount coupon in the book too. Thanks again!

Starrbrite

US
33 posts

#37. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 35

Starrbrite Registered since 14th Dec 2013
Tue 10-Jun-14 10:10 AM

wondering how different this is from the D700 book?

williams401

Penacook, US
8 posts

#38. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 36

williams401 Registered since 08th Jun 2014
Tue 10-Jun-14 10:34 AM

Thanks Darrell for the support & encouragement, and I look forward to reading your book.

PBlais

Hayes, US
2146 posts

#39. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 37

PBlais Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 19th Jan 2014
Fri 27-Jun-14 07:44 PM

Got the book still a great price. It's a great discussion of what but better about the Why. Why isn't something covered well at all in the Nikon manual.

campkid3

ESTILL SPRINGS, US
8 posts

#40. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

campkid3 Gold Member Nikonian since 23rd Jul 2014
Thu 24-Jul-14 06:42 PM

I am not certain that this is the correct place to ask my question as I am a new member. I purchased Darrell Young's book - Mastering the Nikon D7100 - which I am enjoying VERY Much! My question is: WHERE and HOW do I download the referenced material/documents specified on page 7 of his book? I went to both supplied urls but I can't locate his referenced item "Camera Control Reference". Can anyone tell me where this additional material is located? THANKS!

DigitalDarrell

Knoxville, US
5987 posts

#41. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 40

Thu 24-Jul-14 06:53 PM | edited Thu 24-Jul-14 06:54 PM by DigitalDarrell

>I am not certain that this is the correct place to ask my
>question as I am a new member. I purchased Darrell Young's
>book - Mastering the Nikon D7100 - which I am enjoying VERY
>Much! My question is: WHERE and HOW do I download the
>referenced material/documents specified on page 7 of his book?
> I went to both supplied urls but I can't locate his
>referenced item "Camera Control Reference". Can
>anyone tell me where this additional material is located?
>THANKS!

Patricia,

Thanks for buying one of our NikoniansPress books. I'm glad you are enjoying it!

The website is listed in the book. The one on Nikonians.org is NOT working, so try the one on RockyNook.com. However, the one on RockyNook.com is working, I tested it. Be sure you type it in exactly as listed in the book (no www). Let me know what happens. Thanks!

campkid3

ESTILL SPRINGS, US
8 posts

#42. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 41

Thu 24-Jul-14 10:06 PM

THANKS a bunch for your speedy reply! I must have been typing it incorrectly because it worked when I tried it again. Great articles and I will certainly study them tonight.

Whitecrown

BENSALEM, Bucks County, US
73 posts

#43. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

Whitecrown Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Jul 2014
Sun 27-Jul-14 12:31 PM

I purchased this book and read it cover to cover. Excellent source of information and great baselines to set up your D7100.

I have had a fair amount of film experience but only PHD (Push Here Dummy) experience in digi. This book got me on track.

I would highly recommend it.

Fred

Fred

campkid3

ESTILL SPRINGS, US
8 posts

#44. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 43

Sun 27-Jul-14 02:39 PM

I totally agree with you that this is an all-encompassing learning experience for quickly getting acquainted with the Nikon D7100 camera. This is my second Nikon DSLR camera and I have just started reading the book but I have already learned a great deal about my new camera (which still has not arrived). But I wanted to get a head start on learning it so, thus, this book. The author is an accomplished tech writer which I appreciate. I also am glad that I found this rockynook site.

campkid3

ESTILL SPRINGS, US
8 posts

#45. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

Fri 01-Aug-14 09:57 PM

I'm not certain if this is the proper forum to post this questions but I could find no suitable avenue. QS: Would anyone know where I could get a copy of all the camera symbols(icons)used in the D7100 camera? I am about to go blind trying to see the tiny icons! A definition of their use would also be beneficial. THANKS

Franklin43

Novi, US
46 posts

#46. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 45

Franklin43 Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Nov 2013
Sat 02-Aug-14 11:41 AM

Owner's Manual Page 352.

Frank

Learning something new every day...

Franklin43

Novi, US
46 posts

#47. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

Sat 02-Aug-14 12:07 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you,

I had a simpler DSLR and wanted more control so I purchased my 7100 14 months ago. I got it and I have been struggling with the owners manual, various nikonians' forums advice as well as DPR and taking classes. This book, "instruction manual" has helped me immensely. I now understand much more about the capabilities of my camera and the various setting.

Page after page, well screen after screen (Amazon download), easy to read and understand information along with detailed pictures. I have learned more in reading this book than the hours of class time. Not to mention the frustration of photographs that did not turnout the way I wanted them to.

Every D7100 owner should own a copy, Frank

campkid3

ESTILL SPRINGS, US
8 posts

#48. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 47

Sat 02-Aug-14 01:05 PM

Thank you....however, I guess I was looking for something with a little more "punch" (with more explanation) than what the Index provides. Also, much much LARGER icons - the index symbols are TINY and I cannot see them without a large magnifying glass. If there is not a web site for what I am looking for I guess I can greatly magnify the Index. But I am still hopeful that someone has already done this leg work and made it available to us poor-sighted people!

Franklin43

Novi, US
46 posts

#49. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 48

Sat 02-Aug-14 02:27 PM

I completely understand, +2.25!

Dean M

US
5 posts

#50. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 49

Dean M Registered since 10th Aug 2014
Thu 14-Aug-14 12:31 PM

Purchased and downloaded the iBooks version this morning on my ipad. Can't wait to dig in.

ColColt

Knoxville, US
1697 posts

#51. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 50

ColColt Gold Member Nikonian since 19th Aug 2008
Thu 21-Aug-14 04:48 PM

Being in the market for an update from my D200 I settled on the D7100 and decided to get a jump on things bu ordering the book from Amazon last night. When the camera gets here I'll at least know a lot more about it than I do now.

My goal in life is to be the person my dog already thinks I am.

Children are for people who can't have dogs. ~Author Unknown

Udall

Issaquah, US
63 posts

#52. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 50

Udall Gold Member Nikonian since 13th Feb 2014
Fri 22-Aug-14 08:00 PM

Just received the book yesterday and I have scanned a few pages. I can't wait to dig into it but on first blush my decision to a) get the D7100 and b) to obtain the book look solid.

Thanks to Digital Darrell for a great reference guide!!!!!

Mac4ever

Austin, US
5 posts

#53. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

Mac4ever Gold Member Nikonian since 17th Aug 2014
Sat 23-Aug-14 01:30 PM

Darrell,
I am on my third reading of your very informative book. It is far more helpful than the manual included with the camera.
I would appreciate more explanation of the focusing modes, especially differences between 51 point and 3D auto focus.
Perhaps this belongs in a different forum but other than this minor complaint I enjoyed your book thoroughly. Even after several readings I continue to learn new things from it.
Thanks!

ColColt

Knoxville, US
1697 posts

#54. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 53

Wed 27-Aug-14 08:02 PM

All I can say is WOW!! I received my copy today and was totally amazed at the in depth detail that this 530 page book holds...and that's not counting the index!

I've just scratched the surface looking though it and think I'll be more ready to set the camera up when it gets here after reading this masterpiece. Thanks Darrell for a superb description of this camera and the functions.

ColColt

Knoxville, US
1697 posts

#55. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 54

Wed 03-Sep-14 10:46 PM | edited Wed 03-Sep-14 10:47 PM by ColColt

I noticed on the back of the book there's a Gold Membership offer but I saw no coupon number. My Silver memberships is up for renewal in a few days and thought this would be a great time to upgrade to Gold but I'm not sure how the coupon works.

DivotDiva

US
44 posts

#56. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 48

DivotDiva Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Jun 2014
Fri 12-Sep-14 04:27 PM

>the index symbols are TINY and I cannot see them without a
>large magnifying glass. If there is not a web site for what I
>am looking for I guess I can greatly magnify the Index. But I
>am still hopeful that someone has already done this leg work
>and made it available to us poor-sighted people!

First I would like to thank Darrell, this book is so helpful, especially for this newbie. I have gone through most of it twice already and will have to go through again - sooooo much to learn!

I happened to see this post and would like to recommend the Kindle/digital version of the book for use on an iPad for those of us with poor eyesight, as you can enlarge the font AND the photos in the book by tapping on them with your iPad.

jrp

San Pedro Garza García, MX
38668 posts

#57. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 55

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter Member
Fri 12-Sep-14 08:49 PM

David,
Please look closely inside that page.
The voucher code has to be entered as in there when upgrading.

Have a great time :-)
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Mainly at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story
Please join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members who help this happen; upgrade.
Check our workshops at the Nikonians Academy and the Nikonians Photo Pro Shop

rosey442

Columbia, US
4 posts

#58. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 57

rosey442 Registered since 07th Sep 2014
Fri 19-Sep-14 05:17 AM

I just recently purchased a D7100 and SB700. My daughter has the D7000 and SB600 and has been helping me with various questions that I have had. However, I fully intend to purchase this book as it will certainly be helpful in the use of my camera and certainly a little easier to read than the dry manual. lol

Sathi

Sydney, AU
8 posts

#59. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 58

Sathi Registered since 21st Sep 2014
Mon 06-Oct-14 02:40 AM | edited Mon 06-Oct-14 02:40 AM by Sathi

Attn: Kindle users

Are you happy with the kindle edition?

I have a kindle (B& W) and was wondering if the print book is in color (my guess) and if Kindle (black and white) is OK with that...

jantonino

Soquel, US
2 posts

#60. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

jantonino Registered since 24th Nov 2014
Mon 24-Nov-14 05:24 AM

Just got the book, sounds like a good resource, as for a beginner, am super lost with all the bells and whistles of this camera ...

jantonino

Soquel, US
2 posts

#61. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

jantonino Registered since 24th Nov 2014
Mon 24-Nov-14 05:34 AM

By the way, the pdf version of this book can be downloaded for free from
http://minhateca.com.br/Giovanni.Spavier/Fotografia/Mastering+the+Nikon+D7000+by+Darrel+Young,62355805.pdf

RJDavis01

Los Chavez, US
4 posts

#62. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

RJDavis01 Registered since 09th Nov 2014
Mon 08-Dec-14 02:49 PM

After a few years with a D500 and "Mastering the Nikon D5000" I have ordered a D7100 and "Mastering the D7100". I am looking to learning as much with the D7100 and book as I did with the D5000.

Next I need to start expanding my stable of lenses.

Rick

Rangioran

Ightfield, UK
19 posts

#63. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

Rangioran Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Oct 2014
Thu 11-Dec-14 06:11 PM

Had the preview of this book on my Kindle but it was just too good to read on one of those - print copy arrived today, excellent!

You can find some of my pictures here.

RMSJr

Durham, US
25 posts

#64. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

RMSJr Gold Member Nikonian since 16th Feb 2009
Tue 16-Dec-14 08:25 AM

Downloaded my e-copy last night. Both the Manual & the Mastering books are now on this ipad for comprehensive reading, then understanding, followed by applying and ending with frequent refresher.

MMHesperia

HESPERIA, US
5 posts

#65. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

MMHesperia Registered since 25th Dec 2014
Mon 29-Dec-14 12:54 AM

Got my copy today (yes, I life in an Amazon-Sunday-delivery-zone).
Hope I can use the code (50% off Gold membership) for my renewal... Hey, I could just renew early and try it.

Got to read... Laters!

Lynn Noelle

Woodridge, US
5 posts

#66. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

Lynn Noelle Registered since 04th Oct 2014
Tue 30-Dec-14 10:11 PM

I have this book and I love it! As a newbie, I particularly appreciate the notes from the author with his recommendations for specifics.

Sathi

Sydney, AU
8 posts

#67. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 66

Sathi Registered since 21st Sep 2014
Tue 13-Jan-15 08:28 AM | edited Tue 13-Jan-15 08:29 AM by Sathi

My book came from amazon just today..... I like it at first glance.

jeffbet

US
16 posts

#68. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 67

jeffbet Registered since 19th Jan 2015
Tue 20-Jan-15 05:26 PM

Just got the kindle version. About 25% through book and love it. I like all the detail and especially like the recommendations at the end of each section.

dkdaniels

St. Louis, US
14 posts

#69. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

dkdaniels Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Oct 2007
Tue 27-Jan-15 07:38 AM

Any way to get this as a digital download and not for Kindle?

DKDaniels

Firelake

US
52 posts

#70. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 0

Firelake Registered since 09th Mar 2015
Mon 23-Mar-15 06:51 AM

I have his book on the D300. I hope a book on the D7200 is in progress.

DigitalDarrell

Knoxville, US
5987 posts

#71. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 70

Fri 27-Mar-15 12:55 PM

Firelake,

A D7200 book is indeed under construction.

DigitalDarrell

Knoxville, US
5987 posts

#72. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D7100 book pre-orders now available" | In response to Reply # 69

Fri 27-Mar-15 01:00 PM

Danny,

Our book publisher, Rocky Nook, offers a digital download of PDF, ePub, and Mobi, all three eBook versions for one price in a package deal (you get all three). Go here and use the code NIKON40 at checkout to lower the price by 40% to less than US$20 (until March 31, 2015).

http://www.rockynook.com/shop/photography/mastering-the-nikon-d7100-br/

Several NikoniansPress books are currently under this arrangement.

G