Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

My Menu & FV Lock?

Bravozulu

Los Angeles, US
762 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bravozulu Registered since 04th Jun 2012
Thu 07-Feb-13 03:35 AM

Can Flash Value Lock be listed as a My Menu item?

In the Custom Menu > Controls you can assign FV Lock to a button, but it isn't obvious how to assign it as a menu item in My Menu.

Thanks

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

gfinlayson

Maidenhead, UK
244 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

#1. "RE: My Menu & FV Lock?" | In response to Reply # 0

gfinlayson Registered since 24th Jan 2011
Fri 08-Feb-13 08:11 AM

No, but assigning it to a button can be listed in My Menu. FV lock only works from a button. It locks the flash value in when you've focused in on the area of the frame that you want to lock it for. I can't really see how that would work from a menu item. Every time you touch the shutter button or back button AF to activate the meter, the menu closes.

FV lock is also very good for photographing people or animals. Sometimes the metering pre-flash triggers the blink reflex, so when the main flash fires, the eyes are closed. If you FV lock first, the next time the flash fires will be for the actual image.

G