Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Adobe announces D7000 NEF support

briantilley

Paignton, UK
30235 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
briantilley Gold Member Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003
Mon 25-Oct-10 09:49 PM

Adobe has announced what it calls "Release Candidates" for Camera RAW 6.3 and Lightroom 3.3, which will support the D7000 (as well as the D3100 and the Coolpix P7000).

These are apparently well-tested but not final versions of the software, and can be downloaded from Adobe by existing users at their own risk.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

sabbey51

Saddle River, US
648 posts

#1. "RE: Adobe announces D7000 NEF support" | In response to Reply # 0

sabbey51 Gold Member Nikonian since 10th Jan 2010
Mon 25-Oct-10 11:44 PM

>These are apparently well-tested but not final versions of the
>software, and can be downloaded from Adobe by existing users
>at their own risk.

Just remember that ALL software you install (whether downloaded or from a disk, whether Beta, RC or GA) is at your risk. This is what the license agreement you click through says, and it's also the reality of it. Neither Adobe nor anyone else will do anything much if your new software deletes all of your files.

That being said, I downloaded the LR RC to get the D7000 NEF support. Hasn't scrambled my files yet. And it does, in fact, open the D7000 NEFs.

Sorry if I sound a bit like a negatron ...

DVDMike

Metro Atlanta, US
2225 posts

#2. "RE: Adobe announces D7000 NEF support" | In response to Reply # 1

DVDMike Registered since 25th Mar 2003
Tue 26-Oct-10 07:18 PM

As software goes, I think that this one is a low risk to install the labs version of ACR. You can always go back to the old version if you have to.

If Nikon has not changed the RAW format significantly from prior cameras, I think that even this beta ACR should work well. But I would wait before I destroyed your original NEF files (if you convert them to DNG's or Tiff's or something else).

dankeny

Roland, US
1555 posts

#3. "RE: Adobe announces D7000 NEF support" | In response to Reply # 0

dankeny Gold Member Nikonian since 29th May 2006
Tue 26-Oct-10 08:15 PM

Thanks Brian, I came here hoping for just that very news.

David

G