Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Capture NX2 can't open D7000 NEF files

twamers

Bristol, UK
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
twamers Registered since 20th Jul 2012
Sat 13-Oct-12 12:37 PM

I have a copy of Nikon Capture NX2 (version 2.2.1) - it won't open NEF files for the D7000 that I now have (opens D5000 NEF ok). I'm assuming a NEF codec download or something will correct this?? I'm in the UK so use the Nikon Europe site. Have looked but can't find anything. Could someone help me on this please. Many thanks.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Leonard62

Pa, US
4419 posts

#1. "RE: Capture NX2 can't open D7000 NEF files" | In response to Reply # 0

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009
Sat 13-Oct-12 11:06 AM | edited Sat 13-Oct-12 11:15 AM by Leonard62

You have an older version of CNX2. You need to upgrade to the latest version. As Nikon adds new camera bodies they include them in CNX2 as an upgrade. Just make sure your computer is compatible with the latest version. As an example the latest upgrades do not support MAC computers with non-Intel CPUs.

I didn't see the latest version on the Nikon UK site but it is in the download section on the NikonUSA site. The latest version is 2.3.0 with an update to 2.3.4

Len

twamers

Bristol, UK
4 posts

#2. "RE: Capture NX2 can't open D7000 NEF files" | In response to Reply # 1

twamers Registered since 20th Jul 2012
Sat 13-Oct-12 02:37 PM

Thank you Len. I've done exactly what said - gone to 2.3.0 and it opens the D7000 NEF files fine - and then to 2.3.4 so as I have the latest update. The UK site is pretty poor and it's not easy to find things there, I downloaded from the US site and when I checked my download folder 2 versions were there - Europe and US. Anyway I'm up and running and thanks for your help on this - appreciated.

Leonard62

Pa, US
4419 posts

#3. "RE: Capture NX2 can't open D7000 NEF files" | In response to Reply # 2

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009
Sat 13-Oct-12 03:36 PM

That's great. Enjoy.

Len

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3571 posts

#4. "RE: Capture NX2 can't open D7000 NEF files" | In response to Reply # 2

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Sun 14-Oct-12 06:14 PM

As a bonus, besides being able to recognize D7000 files, the nearer versions are noticeably faster, less likely to crash and generally work better than all versions before 6 months ago.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

G