Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Wj9dwest

Scappoose, US
29 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Wj9dwest Registered since 17th Jul 2012
Wed 24-Oct-12 01:38 PM

Does the D7000 have a setting that allows me to add copyright info to a photo automatically? Thanks.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

four eighty sparky

US
1653 posts

#1. "RE: Copyright Marking" | In response to Reply # 0

four eighty sparky Registered since 08th Apr 2011
Wed 24-Oct-12 01:29 PM

Yes. Page 243 of the manual.

I hate when people ask me what I see myself doing in 5 years...... I don't have 2020 vision!

Visit my website.

gkaiseril

Chicago, US
6739 posts

#2. "RE: Copyright Marking" | In response to Reply # 0

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005
Wed 24-Oct-12 02:32 PM

Since the D7000 is a newer dSLR, there is an information setting to add your copyright to the metadata, file information, when the camera processes the image to a jpeg, nef, or other format. Prior to this the comments field was used to add copyright text. Note this will not put a watermark on the image nor in a print border.

Most post processing programs will allow the addition of copyright data in a number different possible fields. There is the Exif portion, the IPTC (International Press Communication Council), and Adobe's XMP (Extensible Metadata Platform). The IPTC and XMP are being standardized and provide a number of fields for usage rights, contact information, location, etc than just a basic copyright notice.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

G