Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
JustiNikon

BR
26 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
JustiNikon Registered since 01st Feb 2012
Sun 04-Mar-12 04:25 AM

THrough my view finder I've been seeing some hairs. It kind of bothered me. I thought it was the sensor, so I gave the sensor a cleaning. Still there, but moved a bit. However, these 'hair-like' items don't get photographed. They don't show up in the actual image. I'm thinking that they are stuck somewhere in the viewfinder, but I have no idea how to clean it, and I'd like to..since its a nuisance.

JustiNikon
Just a Nikon.

four eighty sparky

US
1653 posts

#1. "RE: What am I seeing?" | In response to Reply # 0

four eighty sparky Registered since 08th Apr 2011
Sun 04-Mar-12 03:37 AM

If you can see it in the VF, it's not on the sensor.

I'd say take the lens off and look at the focus screen. Some models can have them removed sans tools.

I hate when people ask me what I see myself doing in 5 years...... I don't have 2020 vision!

Visit my website.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

agitater

Toronto, CA
4527 posts

#2. "RE: What am I seeing?" | In response to Reply # 0

agitater Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 18th Jan 2007
Sun 04-Mar-12 04:49 AM

The junk is on the viewfinder or the mirror. Use a rocket blower bulb to blast if off. Don't allow the tip of the bulb blower to come into contact with the mirror or anything else in the mirror box.

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

G