Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 Live View Focus Point Issue

Rondo5570

San Diego, US
365 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Rondo5570 Silver Member Charter Member
Sun 10-Mar-13 11:32 PM

I have a D7000 with less than 500 actuations. I have owned it for about 18 months. Today I was playing with the live view function. I can't get the focus point to move so that I can focus on specific objects in the frame. I have read the manual, read Thom's D7000 guide and understand that the focus move must be Normal or Wide View and it is set that way. But for the life of me the focus point won't move. I can zoom in, zoom out, and all of the display info is visible on the LV screen.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ron

It's all about the light.

Visit my Nikonians Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

agitater

Toronto, CA
4527 posts

#1. "RE: D7000 Live View Focus Point Issue" | In response to Reply # 0

agitater Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 18th Jan 2007
Sun 10-Mar-13 11:53 PM

You have moved the focus point lock switch (on the back of the camera) to the lock position. Move the switch so it points to the dot (unlocked) position.

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

Rondo5570

San Diego, US
365 posts

#2. "RE: D7000 Live View Focus Point Issue" | In response to Reply # 1

Rondo5570 Silver Member Charter Member
Mon 11-Mar-13 01:12 AM

Howard-

You are right. I had the focus point locked. I feel pretty stupid that I didn't figure that out. It was pretty obvious, but I missed it altogether. Thanks much. I appreciate your help. Now, back to using Live View as it should be used!

Ron

It's all about the light.

Visit my Nikonians Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

agitater

Toronto, CA
4527 posts

#3. "RE: D7000 Live View Focus Point Issue" | In response to Reply # 2

agitater Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 18th Jan 2007
Mon 11-Mar-13 01:28 AM

You are welcome.

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

G