Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Clean image sensor menu

MasterDabber

Camberley, UK
3320 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
MasterDabber Registered since 10th Dec 2005
Mon 04-Feb-13 03:08 PM

Can someone confirm something for me please.

If I go to

Menu >> Setup menu >> Clean image sensor >> Clean at startup/shutdown (on/off) >> Clean at startup and shutdown >> Press OK

Then back out of that to the Setup menu. When I then look against what is registered against "Clean Image Sensor" all I see is --

Is that correct and can I presume that "Clean at startup and shutdown" is active?

Thanks
Derek

"You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment"
My Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

jbloom

Wethersfield, US
7735 posts

#1. "RE: Clean image sensor menu" | In response to Reply # 0

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004
Mon 04-Feb-13 04:44 PM

Once you go into the "Clean image sensor" submenu, the "Clean at startup/shutdown item has an icon at the right side that will confirm the state of that setting.

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

MasterDabber

Camberley, UK
3320 posts

#2. "RE: Clean image sensor menu" | In response to Reply # 1

MasterDabber Registered since 10th Dec 2005
Tue 05-Feb-13 09:11 AM

Jon. Thanks for that. OK, I understand how this is represented visually now... I had a further play around and understand it now. Initially I never found that very intuitive. Thanks again.
Derek

"You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment"
My Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

G