Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Cheapest battery grip for d7000

Habitualvoyeur

AU
6 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Habitualvoyeur Registered since 22nd Nov 2012
Fri 07-Dec-12 04:12 AM | edited Fri 07-Dec-12 04:17 AM by Habitualvoyeur

Going to Tasmania for new years. Need a battery grip, hopefully will be camping out in the rainforests's out west. Any help or links directly would be appreciated, especailly with equipment youve owned , or still own and is up and running.

Phil

Isaac Saunders

Orrtanna, US
22 posts

#1. "RE: Cheapest battery grip for d7000" | In response to Reply # 0

Isaac Saunders Registered since 21st Aug 2012
Fri 07-Dec-12 04:02 AM | edited Fri 07-Dec-12 04:03 AM by Isaac Saunders

It is not the cheapest grip, but I have the Nikon MB-D11. I had shopped around for a bit and in the end you pay more, but the quality is deffinately worth it.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Habitualvoyeur

AU
6 posts

#2. "RE: Cheapest battery grip for d7000" | In response to Reply # 1

Habitualvoyeur Registered since 21st Nov 2012
Fri 07-Dec-12 04:11 AM

Just seen this topic.

https://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=329&topic_id=17465&mesg_id=17465&page=2

basically answered my question, cant afford your option sadly . Thanks though

tekneektom

Kohler, US
2003 posts

#3. "RE: Cheapest battery grip for d7000" | In response to Reply # 0

tekneektom Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Winner in the Annual Nikonians Best Images Contest 2015 Nikonian since 18th Nov 2011
Fri 07-Dec-12 06:26 PM

Phil,

Over a year ago I purchased a Neewer Battery Grip for my D7000 thru Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Vertical-Battery-Digital-EN-EL15/dp/B0050F2Z4Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1354911801&sr=8-2&keywords=d7000+battery+grip

I've got over 50,000 shutter actuations with the grip and I'm really pleased. And the $36.15 really beats the MBD11 cost of $214.

Have fun in Tasmania!

Tom

Habitualvoyeur

AU
6 posts

#4. "RE: Cheapest battery grip for d7000" | In response to Reply # 3

Habitualvoyeur Registered since 21st Nov 2012
Thu 13-Dec-12 02:59 AM

50,000 i like the maths involved there. Had a problem due to the posting to auz and cant afford to have it posted before i leave. But will order one for when i get back and, have to do with a replacement battery for the time being.

VicW

Grosse Pointe, US
72 posts

#5. "RE: Cheapest battery grip for d7000" | In response to Reply # 0

VicW Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Dec 2002
Fri 14-Dec-12 03:23 AM

I have looked at several and have not come to a conclusion. It appears that the Nikon grip is the only one that is metal. This is little comfort in spending good money on a tripod and putting a plastic plate between it and your camera. For the D300, I found a great used Nikon. For the 7000, no bargains yet.

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3576 posts

#6. "RE: Cheapest battery grip for d7000" | In response to Reply # 5

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Sat 15-Dec-12 07:29 AM

Actually, the Nikon D7000 grip is 1/2 metal and the rest is plastic.

I have used my Meike grip on my D7000 which has gotten rough use in event shooting and 45,000 frames and it looks and works as new. $65.

My D90 has a Zeikos grip and has 90,000 frames without any sign of wear and tear. In fact the camera grip rubber swelled and came off the camera but the Zeikos grip rubber looks like new. About $60

So when I added the D800 I splurged and bought a Pixel grip for $105. It has a metal reinforcement plate for the tripod threads.

I have better use for the $800 I saved getting 3 aftermarket grips over the Nikon versions than Nikon does.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

G