Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Focus fine tune Default vs Saved value

swannking

US
11 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
swannking Registered since 13th Nov 2012
Sun 03-Mar-13 03:43 PM | edited Mon 04-Mar-13 12:16 AM by swannking

I noticed my 35mm prime 1.8G has back focus more than my other lenses. Using the "Saved Value" adjustment, with -20, it is almost perfect but not quite there. I decided to play around with it and deleted the "Saved value" adjustment. When I used the "Default" adjustment instead, -20 turned out to be way too much and now the lens front focus. Using the LensAlign and Focustune (that's how I adjust all my lenses BTW), I noticed "default" -11 gives the sharpest images. So now my camera has a default AFA of -11. I switched to the 18-105mm with the "Saved value" adjustment and the default adjustment doesn't seems to have any adverse effects on the previously set and saved AFA value. It makes me believe that the "Default" adjustment steps are not the same as the "Saved value" ie. in my case, the adjustment in the "Default" gives me more range.

G