Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
JT2012

Livingston, US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
JT2012 Registered since 06th Feb 2013
Wed 06-Feb-13 08:13 PM

I would like to thank all the members of this forum and the Nikonians in general for all the valuable information they post and for helping me decide to join the Nikon family.

I'm following the Nikonian forums (DX & FX) for the last 6 months. I recently (3 months ago), I decided to purchase a D7000 and I'm very happy with my selection. I still have to learn many things about the camera. I am coming form an Olympus 620 (4/3 rds) which is also a very capable camera but with shortcomings when it comes to low light.

Happy shootings

Jack

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

J_Harris

US
780 posts

#1. "RE: Thank you !" | In response to Reply # 0

J_Harris Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Awarded for his contribution to the Nikonians Articles section Nikonian since 29th Mar 2011
Wed 06-Feb-13 07:44 PM

Hi Jack,

Welcome to Nikonians.

We are a big happy family sharing a common passion. Welcoming a new member is always a joyful event.

There are many knowledgeable and friendly moderators and members here so don't hesitate to ask for help if needed, and we look forward to you sharing yours as well.

Jerry

JT2012

Livingston, US
4 posts

#2. "RE: Thank you !" | In response to Reply # 1

Wed 06-Feb-13 07:51 PM

Thanks Jerry for your worm welcoming note!

Look forward to contribute to this forum after I get some experience and for sure I will ask for help during this process

Jack

MEMcD

US
31297 posts

#3. "RE: Thank you !" | In response to Reply # 0

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007
Sun 10-Feb-13 07:50 AM

Hi Iakovos,

Welcome to Nikonians!
Thanks for joining us.
Congratulations on your new D7000.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

N4TVC

Burke, US
109 posts

#4. "RE: Thank you !" | In response to Reply # 0

N4TVC Registered since 15th Jul 2006
Sun 10-Feb-13 07:11 PM

Welcome to Nikonians, Jack. I'm sure you will enjoy the community and your new D7000.

Charles

JT2012

Livingston, US
4 posts

#5. "RE: Thank you !" | In response to Reply # 3

Sun 10-Feb-13 10:47 PM

Thanks Marty and Charles for your note!

I'm very happy with the D7000 and impressed with the capabilities of the camera especially in higher ISO vs my OLY 620. But also is a challenge, coming from 12MP to a more sophisticated focus system. Thus, I have a lot more to learn!

Be well
Jack

G