Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
spyder08

Kenosha, US
38 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
spyder08 Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2012
Sun 16-Dec-12 12:52 AM

I am new to the D7000 and in program mode I can't seem to turn off auto ISO. If I change with the command dial it will change but if I turn the camera off it goes to auto again.
Thanks
Brian

Leonard62

Pa, US
4419 posts

#1. "RE: D7000 auto ISO" | In response to Reply # 0

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009
Sun 16-Dec-12 12:13 AM

You have to turn it off in the Shooting Menu / ISO sensitivity settings. Make sure you press OK after setting it.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

spyder08

Kenosha, US
38 posts

#2. "RE: D7000 auto ISO" | In response to Reply # 1

spyder08 Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2012
Sun 16-Dec-12 12:37 AM

Thank you that worked this camera has a ton of settings. It must take a while to get used to where there located.

Leonard62

Pa, US
4419 posts

#3. "RE: D7000 auto ISO" | In response to Reply # 2

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009
Sun 16-Dec-12 01:09 AM

There is a learning curve for all the new cameras. Normally if you become familiar with the Setup and Shooting menus you'll do OK. If you can't find your answers there or in the manual, Nikonians always seems to work.

Good luck with your new camera.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

RockyIII

Raleigh, US
3272 posts

#4. "RE: D7000 auto ISO" | In response to Reply # 2

RockyIII Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 27th May 2006
Sun 16-Dec-12 01:25 AM

"My Menu" is a great place to save the settings you use regularly. That way you don't have to remember where they are located.

Rocky

JosephK

Seattle, WA, US
7108 posts

#5. "RE: D7000 auto ISO" | In response to Reply # 2

JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006
Sun 16-Dec-12 06:19 AM

The spreadsheet pinned at the top of the forum can help give a broad picture of what is available and where.

---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D700, D200, D70S, 24-70mm f/2.8, VR 70-200mm f/2.8 II,
50mm f/1.4 D, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX

G