Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

CNX2, NIK Color Efex 3 and Google NIK Complete Collection

dralph

Elmira, US
288 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dralph Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Jul 2006
Wed 27-Mar-13 12:47 AM

I have NIK Coler Efex Pro 3 installed for use with Nikon Capture NX2, and the integration is great, especially when one needs to the use the masks and brushes and control points as implemented in CNX2.

However, various folks downloading the Google suite of all NIK filters indicate that Google uninstalls the existing NIK filters. Will opting for the Google package of NIK filters destroy my CNX2 Color Efex 3 installation??

TIA

walkerr

Colorado Springs, US
16960 posts

#1. "RE: CNX2, NIK Color Efex 3 and Google NIK Complete Collection" | In response to Reply # 0

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Master Ribbon awarded as a member who has gone beyond technical knowledge to show mastery of the art and science of photography   Donor Ribbon awarded for his most generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 05th May 2002
Wed 27-Mar-13 12:52 AM

No. It's completely unrelated.

Rick Walker

My photos:

GeoVista Photography

dralph

Elmira, US
288 posts

#2. "RE: CNX2, NIK Color Efex 3 and Google NIK Complete Collection" | In response to Reply # 1

dralph Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Jul 2006
Wed 27-Mar-13 10:20 AM

Thanks, Rick. I have most other NIK filters which are used through Photoshop. But, Color Efex 3 within CNX2 is great to use there, rather than exporting a TIFF to CS5 just to use the other NIK filters there.

I suppose I'll download the Google pack just to stay current.

Dave Ralph

G