Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Who do you recommend for Repairing a D700

MTP1

Waxahachie, US
33 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
MTP1 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Apr 2009
Wed 22-Aug-12 02:08 PM

It looks as though I am going to have to send my D700 to a repair facility for the repair of the hot shoe. I have tried the suggestions that I read about on the forum and nothing worked.Neither my SB900 nor SB910 will fire when mounted to the camera. Strangely, my SB600 will fire. My question is who do you recommend sending it to. I live near Dallas, but the list of Niikon authorized repair centers does not include any in the area. I would like to send it to a repair center that is recommended by some fellow Nikonians. Thank you for your help, Mike.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Jiveli

US
18 posts

#1. "RE: Who do you recommend for Repairing a D700" | In response to Reply # 0

Jiveli Registered since 13th Dec 2011
Wed 22-Aug-12 08:09 PM

http://nikoncamerarepair.com/
Hi Mike,
I have used APS and was very pleased with the quality of work done. My D300 ( which I do not currently own anymore) had a complete service of weather sealing gaskets replaced, worn buttons replaced, autofocus recalibration and the sensor cleaned for under $200us. I am going to send in my D700 for a sensor remapping after I come back from vacation as I am getting a stuck or hot pixel at Iso 1600 and above, if fact I would not use any one else, they used to be a Nikon owned repair center and can do everything. Check out the site for more info.
Joe

MTP1

Waxahachie, US
33 posts

#2. "RE: Who do you recommend for Repairing a D700" | In response to Reply # 1

MTP1 Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Apr 2009
Thu 23-Aug-12 02:50 AM

Thank you for your recommendation, I will try them.
Mike

ajdooley

Waterloo, US
3321 posts

#3. "RE: Who do you recommend for Repairing a D700" | In response to Reply # 0

ajdooley Gold Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006
Tue 28-Aug-12 08:59 PM

APS in Morton Grove, IL is my first and only choice. They are excellent and communicate too. You can call and they will tell you the status of your camera and when it will be en route back. Hint: save all of your settings on a flash card before shipping it, because it will come back set to factory default settings. Then you can take the card out and reload all of your settings that you have chosen for it.

Alan
Waterloo, IL, USA
www.proimagingmidamerica.com

G