Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 using L-mounting bracket from Kirk or RRS

prophotoman

Oakdale, US
253 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
prophotoman Registered since 27th Jun 2009
Sun 12-Aug-12 07:59 PM

Do you need to remove this bracket prior to removing the battery grip in order to recharge the rechargable battery in the camera body? I already have the bracket for the D700 with Battery grip on order from the Pro Shop here.

Thanks!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

avm247

Rancho Cordova, US
18758 posts

#1. "RE: D700 using L-mounting bracket from Kirk or RRS" | In response to Reply # 0

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter Member
Sun 12-Aug-12 10:10 PM

I have not had the need to remove the L-bracket (Kirk) from vertical grip to access the camera body battery. I just detach the grip and bracket combo together; when charged, I reinsert the battery and reattach the grip/bracket.

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

MEMcD

US
31314 posts

#2. "RE: D700 using L-mounting bracket from Kirk or RRS" | In response to Reply # 0

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007
Mon 13-Aug-12 04:14 PM

Hi Joe,

The L-Brackets for the grips are designed to allow the battery to be removed and installed without removing the L-Bracket.
I have had an L-Bracket on my D300w/MB-D10 and D700w/MB-D10 since I purchased them and have not taken a bracket off other than to clean the camera body.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

prophotoman

Oakdale, US
253 posts

#3. "RE: D700 using L-mounting bracket from Kirk or RRS" | In response to Reply # 2

prophotoman Registered since 27th Jun 2009
Tue 14-Aug-12 06:42 PM

Thanks guys... I didn't think the bracket needed to be removed in order to remove the battery pack. I just wanted to be sure. I should have my L bracket and monopod head from Kirk by Monday per Amy at the Pro Shop here.

jgould2

Fort Pierce, US
4584 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

#4. "RE: D700 using L-mounting bracket from Kirk or RRS" | In response to Reply # 1

jgould2 Gold Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 13th Oct 2007
Fri 17-Aug-12 08:29 PM

Hi Anthony.

Thanks. Boy do I feel dumb, I've been removing the L-brackets to access the camera body battery on my D700 and D300. Obviously that is not necessary (and requires a tool).

JIM

G