Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Mastering the Nikon D700 in Kindle version now

jrp

San Pedro Garza GarcĂ­a, MX
38857 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter Member
Tue 25-Jan-11 03:31 AM

Mastering the Nikon D700

Other tiles also available in Kindle version now:

Mastering the Nikon D300/D300S

Mastering the Nikon D90

Mastering the Nikon 3000

Have a great time :-)
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Mainly at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story
Please join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members who help this happen; upgrade.
Check our workshops at the Nikonians Academy and the Nikonians Photo Pro Shop

bernardcollin

bangkok, TH
40 posts

#1. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D700 in Kindle version now" | In response to Reply # 0

bernardcollin Registered since 03rd Apr 2011
Sun 03-Apr-11 03:28 PM | edited Sun 03-Apr-11 03:28 PM by bernardcollin

just bought it, looks great but on an ipad kindle version it is 3000 pages or so...
I wanted to find the section explaining how and why setting the shooting banks etc...
I would love to find expert advice on these settings with clear explanation of the why each setting is chosen...

anyone can point me to a chapter... I will slowly go through the book but would have loved the crush course on this as it is my main concern on the d700

b

TVNewsman

Edmonton, CA
15 posts

#2. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D700 in Kindle version now" | In response to Reply # 0

TVNewsman Registered since 18th Jun 2009
Sat 09-Apr-11 03:27 PM

Thanks for the tip. I just bought if for my Kindle. It will be nice to have the book with me on my travels to Europe this coming summer, without the added weight of the paper book.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

rebornb

Talagante, CL
10 posts

#3. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D700 in Kindle version now" | In response to Reply # 1

rebornb Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Apr 2011
Sat 16-Apr-11 01:14 AM

Hi, I have an iPad and downloaded this book from iTunes Store.
I tried from App Store but it didn't found it.
The ebook is only 556 pages long.

jaymc

Port Orchard, US
80 posts

#4. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D700 in Kindle version now" | In response to Reply # 3

jaymc Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Sep 2006
Fri 23-Sep-11 05:44 PM

Actually the page count can vary depending on preferences of font size, tablet orientation, etc.

syf350

US
8 posts

#5. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D700 in Kindle version now" | In response to Reply # 2

syf350 Registered since 26th Sep 2011
Thu 29-Sep-11 09:32 PM

i just ordered for kindle as well, but for my phone. will love having it with me wherever i go.

slothead

Frederick, US
1906 posts

#6. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D700 in Kindle version now" | In response to Reply # 0

slothead Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 11th Aug 2009
Sun 04-Dec-11 12:03 PM | edited Sun 04-Dec-11 12:04 PM by slothead

I don't know if it matters now (or is OBE), but it is also available as a Nook eBook so you can read it on your iPads too (maybe you can read Kindle books on the iPad too, I don't know). (Oh, it's available in that format for the D7000 too (but this is the D700 forum).

Tom
http://tjmanson.smugmug.com
D810, D750, N1-J5, N1-V3 (and a few other cameras) and a BIG handful of lenses.

gkaiseril

Chicago, US
6739 posts

#7. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D700 in Kindle version now" | In response to Reply # 6

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005
Sun 04-Dec-11 02:53 PM

I buy the Nikonian books through O'Rielly Media. You can get paper back and ePub together for a little over the price of either. Registering your purchase entitles one to may e formats and an updater and errata service.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Blondul

Bucharest, RO
74 posts

#8. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D700 in Kindle version now" | In response to Reply # 7

Blondul Registered since 27th Dec 2011
Wed 28-Dec-11 08:47 AM

Thanks for the tip!
It's a great book!

stve10

UK
28 posts

#9. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D700 in Kindle version now" | In response to Reply # 8

stve10 Registered since 17th Feb 2012
Fri 17-Feb-12 05:24 AM | edited Fri 17-Feb-12 05:26 AM by stve10

I expect a manual is going to be a horrible experience on the on the Kindle its great for a novel but newspapers & magazines are useless.

DaveO

US
88 posts

#10. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D700 in Kindle version now" | In response to Reply # 9

DaveO Registered since 06th Sep 2008
Sun 26-Feb-12 05:40 PM | edited Sun 26-Feb-12 06:18 PM by DaveO

Glad to see that it is available for only $ 9.95. I'm not familiar with the author though. Is it better than the other two e-books for the same price. I also have a cheap tablet which is full color and a 7 inch dia screen. Don't know if it will take the Kindle format ( Mobi ) though. I know it takes e-pub and pdf. Are there any colored pictures in it?
Might be worth buying the Kindle Fire down the road.

DaveO

stve10

UK
28 posts

#11. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D700 in Kindle version now" | In response to Reply # 10

stve10 Registered since 17th Feb 2012
Sun 26-Feb-12 09:34 PM

It should do , kinda ironic that the worst user experience would be on a Kindle.
If you need to convert it to another format you can use http://calibre-ebook.com/ unless its protected with DRM

DaveO

US
88 posts

#12. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D700 in Kindle version now" | In response to Reply # 11

DaveO Registered since 06th Sep 2008
Mon 27-Feb-12 04:44 PM

I actually don't own a D 700, but have been thinking of getting it if it really drops to $ 2199 in March. Have thought about the e-book just to see what the camera is capable of. This may influence whether I buy it or not.
My other choice would be the D 400 when it comes out at a slightly lower price.

DaveO

gkaiseril

Chicago, US
6739 posts

#13. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D700 in Kindle version now" | In response to Reply # 11

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005
Mon 12-Mar-12 12:37 PM

You can purchase many RockyNook books through Oreilly Media. Once purchased and registered, you have access to the various book format and errata. You also can get a discount for the printed and eformat combo.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

BRK

Chelmsford, US
13 posts

#14. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D700 in Kindle version now" | In response to Reply # 11

BRK Silver Member Nikonian since 04th May 2012
Thu 10-May-12 10:18 PM

>It should do , kinda ironic that the worst user experience
>would be on a Kindle.
>
I'm reading it using the Android Kindle app on a Samsung tablet. The book looks great in this format. BTW, thanks a lot for the chapter on the 700's autofocus module. What I learned reading that chapter was probably worth the price of the book right there. -BRK

G