Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What L Brackets on D700s with grips?

KazeyBunch

Fort Worth, US
40 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
KazeyBunch Registered since 03rd Jan 2012
Sat 07-Jul-12 06:01 AM

Want an L bracket for my D700 with Nikon grip. Usually good at researching this stuff, but haven't found too much out there. And the ones I did find are nearly $200. Want one for vertical panos and proper nodal point. On that note, how do YOU find and maintain YOUR nodal point without an L bracket. Hmmmm?

www.kazeybunch.com

“You can miss a lot of moments with your head stuck in your LCD.” - Joe McNally

espeto68

Oeiras, PT
475 posts

#1. "RE: What L Brackets on D700s with grips?" | In response to Reply # 0

espeto68 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2010
Sat 07-Jul-12 07:58 AM

Hi Kazey,

I use my griped D700 with the kirk L bracket bought from nikonians store - Photo Pro Shop. Though is quite expensive, it gives me peace of mind keeping my gear safely secured. I wouldn't dare to have my D700 in a cheap L bracket.
I do strongly recommend the best you can find out there, though it will be expensive.

José

Nikonians!!! My best investment made after my camera!!!

D700, D90, F80, F Photomic FTn

Dr4688

Parkland, US
337 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

#2. "RE: What L Brackets on D700s with grips?" | In response to Reply # 0

Dr4688 Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Jun 2009
Sat 07-Jul-12 10:18 AM

Hi I use a really right stuff L bracket for my D700 with grip. It fits nicely and works real well. I purchased mine used on the Nikonians website and it was brand new. Look for a nice used one to save some money here or on ebay.

Good Luck

Keith

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

MEMcD

US
31597 posts

#3. "RE: What L Brackets on D700s with grips?" | In response to Reply # 0

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007
Sat 07-Jul-12 04:45 PM

Hi Kazey,

You have a choice between the RRS BMBD10-LB ($183.00 new) and the Kirk BL-D300G ($179.95 new). Both RRS and Kirk make excellent products so you can't go wrong either way.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

winthrop

Thousand Oaks, US
295 posts

#4. "RE: What L Brackets on D700s with grips?" | In response to Reply # 2

winthrop Silver Member Charter Member
Sat 07-Jul-12 11:50 PM

+1 on RRS.

Bob

visit my gallery

ericbowles

Atlanta, US
10631 posts

#5. "RE: What L Brackets on D700s with grips?" | In response to Reply # 0

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005
Fri 13-Jul-12 09:05 AM

As photographers are selling the D700 and D300 in favor of newer models, some L-Brackets are coming up in the used market.

I did a quick search and found a regular L bracket on Nikonians and a MB-D10 bracket on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KIRK-enterprises-L-bracket-for-Nikon-D700-body-and-MB-D10-battery-grip-BL-D300G-/170874173603?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c8e4f8a3#ht_886wt_1135

A used bracket will save some money and is a pretty good deal. RRS and Kirk don't discount their brackets and plates even when the model is discontinued.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

ctadin

St Louis, US
1369 posts

#6. "RE: What L Brackets on D700s with grips?" | In response to Reply # 5

ctadin Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2008
Fri 13-Jul-12 10:35 AM

+2 on RRS Bracket

Cheryl

winthrop

Thousand Oaks, US
295 posts

#7. "RE: What L Brackets on D700s with grips?" | In response to Reply # 0

winthrop Silver Member Charter Member
Sat 14-Jul-12 11:36 AM

I just re-read your post and saw that you also asked about the nodal point. My limited experience is that you can't find a nodal point with only an L-bracket; you'll also need a nodal slide. Again, I like RRS.

Bob

visit my gallery

G