Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Which wireless remote for D700

Coldfront

Marengo, US
315 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
Coldfront Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 27th Mar 2004
Thu 17-May-12 04:05 PM

I just recieved my Bigma (Quite a beast) and I think I might like to use a remote with this combo on a tripod.Thoughts? thanx as always Nikonians jim

Coldfront

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

piniongear

Houston Texas, US
466 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

#1. "RE: Which wireless remote for D700" | In response to Reply # 0

piniongear Registered since 29th Jul 2006
Thu 17-May-12 06:39 PM

I like, use and own the ML-3.
This plugs into the 10 pin connection on the camera front and you can either let the other end hang or snap it in the hotshoe.
The range is good up to 36 ft as I recall.
Perry

gkaiseril

Chicago, US
6739 posts

#2. "RE: Which wireless remote for D700" | In response to Reply # 0

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005
Thu 17-May-12 07:48 PM

You might want to describe what else you would like to do with the remote or use the remote for. An MC-30 will provide a wired shutter release. There are 3rd party RF remotes that can also be wired to the camera. As noted Nikon has the ML-3 but this maybe to pricey.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

kartane

AU
163 posts

#3. "RE: Which wireless remote for D700" | In response to Reply # 0

kartane Registered since 23rd Apr 2012
Fri 18-May-12 03:16 AM

$80 gives you wireless remote and GPS.

$15 for the Shoot RC-300 wireless remote from Ebay (check box 'Include Description'). Note: It has a Canon stereo mini jack plug connection.

$65 for the Ebay Yongnuo N-918/N1 GPS receiver to make this work. This has a wired RS-851 remote with it which uses the Canon type stereo mini jack plug.

But the Shoot RC-300 can be used as a wired remote, even with a flat battery. So I don't have to carry both but the cable is not as long as the RS-851. I got the GPS first then I gambled on the Canon Shoot RC-300 working on my D800. Cool.

Colin

"We don’t see things as they are, we see things as we are" - Anaïs Nin

Please visit My Nikonians gallery

chevysales

US
156 posts

#4. "RE: Which wireless remote for D700" | In response to Reply # 0

chevysales Registered since 08th Nov 2008
Fri 18-May-12 09:40 PM | edited Fri 18-May-12 09:41 PM by chevysales

i have bought on ebay and been using Phottix Plato 2.4 GHz Wireless/Wired Remote Set for 4th of July pics in Florida and also used it wireless (says good for up to 100ft. and wired for long exposure...never failed me and I have had a few of their remotes over the years with different cameras never one problem.

and the seller is etofore or something like that with a huge store on ebay.

Happy Nikon convert from Canon...
D700
24-70 f2.8
70-200vr f2.8

MEMcD

US
31610 posts

#5. "RE: Which wireless remote for D700" | In response to Reply # 0

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007
Sat 19-May-12 01:25 AM

Hi Jim,

I use an MC-30 or MC-36 when I am shooting at the camera and Pocket Wizards when shooting the camera as a remote.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Coldfront

Marengo, US
315 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

#6. "RE: Which wireless remote for D700" | In response to Reply # 5

Coldfront Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 27th Mar 2004
Tue 22-May-12 03:12 PM

I'll probably go with the MC36 or MC30. I have to decide which. Thanx for all the help guys. jim

Coldfront

Coldfront

Marengo, US
315 posts

#7. "RE: Which wireless remote for D700" | In response to Reply # 6

Thu 24-May-12 12:55 PM | edited Thu 24-May-12 12:56 PM by Coldfront

I selected the MC30.I just want to eliminate shake with this big lense on a tripod. Thanx again for all the good advice. jim

Coldfront

glxman

South Australia, AU
6750 posts

#8. "RE: Which wireless remote for D700" | In response to Reply # 0

glxman Moderator Awarded for his high level skills, specially in Wildlife & Landscape Photography Nikonian since 04th Oct 2008
Thu 24-May-12 10:21 PM

Hi there,
I Would look at B&H and try out one of their wireless remotes for under $40
I have a similar looking set-up, (Micnova), works a treat
Regards,
Gary

I used to have a photographic memory but never got it developed

G