Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

does the d700 allow for better prints than the d300?

Voodoo

US
2979 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Voodoo Registered since 29th Apr 2006
Fri 31-Oct-08 06:11 PM

lets use a middle iso of 800 or less...does the d700 allow for better prints than the d300?

I own both, and havent noticed a difference in prints...on screen I see a difference...

but the question remains...

Thanks for sharing,

Jeff

tdtaylor

Lutherville, US
195 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

#1. "RE: does the d700 allow for better prints than the d300?" | In response to Reply # 0

tdtaylor Registered since 03rd Jan 2008
Fri 31-Oct-08 08:39 PM

In low light, absolutely. In good light with lower ISO settings, debatable. Maybe the D700 has a little more dynamic range, but without shooting the same scene, very difficult to tell.

But I own a D700 for wide angle and low light work (and has become my general purpose camera), and the D300 for its pixel density using my long telephotos.

But someone else's eyes may very well be better than mine, and I am sure the pixel peepers could tell you the differences. I personally fall into the category of getting the image out and enjoying it, vs. analyzing the picture pixel by pixel.

Terry
Nikonian in Maryland

G