Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote.

Nikon32250

St. Augustine, US
4021 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Nikon32250 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Mar 2004
Thu 23-Jul-09 03:03 AM | edited Thu 23-Jul-09 11:47 PM by Nikon32250

Poll result (111 votes)
Very happy I made the change
(46 votes)Vote
Mostly happy I made the change
(6 votes)Vote
I chose to keep both the D300 and D700, and am glad that I did
(57 votes)Vote
On rare occasion, I wish I had kept the D300
(1 votes)Vote
I mostly wish I had kept the D300
(1 votes)Vote
I really wish I had kept the D300
(0 votes)Vote

esantos

McAllen, US
13240 posts

#1. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 0

esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian. Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002
Thu 23-Jul-09 12:29 PM

I voted "One is as good as the other" because I kept my D300. It would be a better survey if you added that choice since there are a lot of people out there that recognize the unique merits of each camera.

Ernesto Santos
esartprints.com Ernesto Santos Photography
Get my new e-Book "Churches of Texas"

briantilley

Paignton, UK
30235 posts

#2. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 1

briantilley Gold Member Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003
Thu 23-Jul-09 01:02 PM

>I voted "One is as good as the other" because I
>kept my D300. It would be a better survey if you added that
>choice since there are a lot of people out there that
>recognize the unique merits of each camera.

I agree

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

DRB

US
861 posts

#3. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 2

DRB Registered since 11th Sep 2002
Thu 23-Jul-09 02:44 PM

I concur. Have both.

DRB

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Garrett Hayes

Lucan, Ireland, IE
287 posts

#4. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 0

Garrett Hayes Gold Member Nikonian since 03rd Nov 2004
Thu 23-Jul-09 04:42 PM

I also voted for one as good as the other but I have to confess that I kept the D300 as well. I use them as "horses for courses". I have some good DX lens and I feel that there is a place for both. On trips overseas with limited baggage the D300 is perfect.

GH

lofling

SE
1464 posts

#5. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 4

lofling Registered since 18th Jun 2008
Thu 23-Jul-09 06:52 PM

I also kept my D300, but voted very happy I changed.

The D300 is better for birding for me, since I can't afford a longer lens than 300/4 AF-S right now. Well, it might be better even with longer lenses.

For macro, I can see the use of my D300 too.

However, I almost only use my D700.

Or have a look at fling.zenfolio.com

Nikon32250

St. Augustine, US
4021 posts

#6. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 5

Thu 23-Jul-09 09:49 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I have made the change that you suggested. I agree that that is a better way to frame (pardon the pun) the question.

Graham
From St. Augustine, FL. "I like photographers, you don't ask questions." Ronald Reagan to White House Press Photogs

http://www.ancientcityphotography.com/>

mwhals

Winfield, US
1664 posts

#7. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 0

mwhals Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Apr 2004
Thu 23-Jul-09 10:12 PM

I can't vote since the option "I wish I had either camera" isn't there. I am still using a D200 with everything else on hold due to almost 7 months as an unemployed Chemical Engineer. In another 7 months, I will have to use my IRA to keep up my bills if I still don't have a job by then.

Shoot nature with respect and don't trample it or startle its inhabitants. :)

Nikon32250

St. Augustine, US
4021 posts

#8. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 7

Fri 24-Jul-09 10:30 PM

Mark, sorry to hear about your job situation. Have you looked in the Jacksonville, FL market? There are several chemical companies here that use the turpentine from pine trees to make a number of products using chemicals. Do a Google on First Coast Manufacturers Association and you should find some chemical companies there. One of the biggest one is Millennium Specialty Chemicals.

Good luck!

Graham
From St. Augustine, FL. "I like photographers, you don't ask questions." Ronald Reagan to White House Press Photogs

trogon

Blue Rapids, US
80 posts

#9. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 0

trogon Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Dec 2006
Sat 25-Jul-09 11:01 PM

I sold my D300 when I bought the D700 to help pay for a 24-70 lens. The combo blew me away. I've used the camera/lens mostly for photojournalism thus far but found the high ISO ability crucial to my job. I can hardly express how pleased I am with the camera, but it's been awful expensive since on Monday a 70-200 arrives in the mail. Yesssssssssssssss...
I'll be the odd duck here but I haven't missed the D300 one iota.

[

Nikon32250

St. Augustine, US
4021 posts

#10. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 9

Sun 26-Jul-09 12:33 AM

Thanks Tom for the vote of confidence. I keep hearing that later this year Nikon will be coming out with a D700s or a D800. If that happens I imagine that prices of a used D700 will start to drop from their current $2,100 level. That will probably be the trigger for me to go FX.

Graham

321ndunford

Springville, US
1092 posts

#11. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 10

321ndunford Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Oct 2007
Sun 26-Jul-09 01:57 AM

This is the situation that I am in as well, Graham. I have weighed the pros and cons, and am now in the process of preparing my system for the move to FX. Would love to see the price of the D700 drop, but am not holding my breath. Can't wait!

Stop The World, Get The Shot..

My Website

Nikon32250

St. Augustine, US
4021 posts

#12. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 11

Sun 26-Jul-09 02:31 AM

Luckily I won't have to sell a bunch of DX lenses. I only have two, and the rest are "regular" lenses. In any event I will still keep my D2X and I will use the DX lenses on that body.

Graham

KQW

MU
429 posts

#13. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 12

KQW Registered since 24th Jul 2008
Sun 26-Jul-09 03:56 AM

I was also one that kept my D300 when I purchased the D700. My thinking was to use the D300 with the longer lenses and the D700 for the others. Well...I found that I was NOT using the D300 and always picking up the D700..

I decided to sell the D300 before they fell into the" Giving away" pricing category.

Nikon32250

St. Augustine, US
4021 posts

#14. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 13

Sun 26-Jul-09 07:55 AM

>I was also one that kept my D300 when I purchased the D700.
>My thinking was to use the D300 with the longer lenses and the
>D700 for the others. Well...I found that I was NOT using the
>D300 and always picking up the D700..
>
>I decided to sell the D300 before they fell into the"
>Giving away" pricing category.
>
>
I guess that it's sign of the times with digital cameras. Yesterday's "marvel of marvels" is today's ancient history.

Graham

celticbhoy

North Berwick, UK
6 posts

#15. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 14

celticbhoy Registered since 12th May 2007
Sun 26-Jul-09 12:46 PM

I'm a very happy new owner of a D700. I also kept my D300 as I love my 17-55 DX and I did'nt want to part with it. The D300's also handy to get the extra each from the 70-200. However, so far I've loved the low-light performance of the D700 and IMHO there is an improvement in IQ and the A/F is quicker. The auto delighting option is pretty cool.

Graham

Proud to be Nikonian Scotsman

Amberlion

Houston, US
385 posts

#16. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 0

Amberlion Registered since 19th Nov 2006
Sun 26-Jul-09 01:35 PM

I just miss the "crop factor" of the D300. Other than that I am delighted with the D700. Now wishing for an updated 80-400 with AFS...
--Kimberly
--------------------------

I should be working on my dissertation instead...
My gallery: kimberlysmith.smugmug.com

Nikon32250

St. Augustine, US
4021 posts

#17. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 15

Sun 26-Jul-09 03:31 PM

Graham, it's nice to meet another Graham. Hate to tell you this but I was born a Sassenach! Can you tell me more about the auto delighting option?

Thanks

Graham

celticbhoy

North Berwick, UK
6 posts

#18. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 17

celticbhoy Registered since 12th May 2007
Sun 26-Jul-09 07:00 PM

>Graham, it's nice to meet another Graham. Hate to tell you
>this but I was born a Sassenach! Can you tell me more about
>the auto delighting option?
>
>Thanks

Hi Graham, Sorry I met to say Active D-Lighting. This feature alters the dyanmic range by brightening shadows. The D300 (and the D3 also I think) has the following D-lighting settings Off, Low, Normal and High. D7OO however has the additon of an Auto option and let's camera decide when to apply this feature. I find Active D-lighting works really well in high contrast areas.

Graham

Proud to be Nikonian Scotsman

donsca

CA
1 posts

#19. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 1

donsca Registered since 25th Jan 2009
Sun 26-Jul-09 07:47 PM

>I voted "One is as good as the other" because I
>kept my D300. It would be a better survey if you added that
>choice since there are a lot of people out there that
>recognize the unique merits of each camera.

Yep, I agree. For some things I like the 700 and for others I prefer the 300

adriangracie

UK
1 posts

#20. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 0

adriangracie Registered since 04th Aug 2009
Tue 04-Aug-09 11:45 AM

I made the change from the D300 to the D700, I already had the 70-200 VR F2.8, the 105 F2.8 Micro, but also the 16-85 & 12-24 DX Lenses. I have sold both DX lenses as I think they are kinda pointless on a D700, and purchased a 24-70 F2.8 and the 14-24 F2.8.
I have never missed the D300, not once. (Okay so getting 300mm from a 200mm lens was useful !!) . The big drawback of course is the cost of going to FX camera and lenses was extreme and i'm still suffering financially as a result !!.
Other minor concerns, D700 less frames per sec unless you buy the grip. Some vignetting occurs with the 70-200 because of the larger FX sensor.

chrispr

near Glastonbury Somerset, UK
2 posts

#21. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 0

chrispr Registered since 20th Apr 2009
Tue 04-Aug-09 12:43 PM

I moved up because I wanted FX, the inbuilt eyepiece cover and the inbuilt spirit level. I'm pleased I did. Kept the D300 which now has a Sigma 10-20 attached and this is used mainly for wide angle adventure sports shots. My MBD10 power pack fits both which is great although this usually sits on the D300.

bob1217

US
311 posts

#22. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 0

bob1217 Registered since 31st Jan 2009
Tue 04-Aug-09 11:28 PM

I loved my D300 and purposely kept it to give me some extra reach. Both are terrific cameras, each with its own strengths. Love the reach of the D300, love the low light capability of the D700, and the image quality is really exceptional. I've only had the D700 a couple of weeks. I find that I'm shooting a little over half with the D300, less than half with the D700, but that's just a function of the subjects I've been shooting, and the fact that I just haven't had a chance to seriously explore the D700 and get totally comfortable with it yet.

When I moved from the D200 to the D300, it was really a replacement. Once I got the D300, I rarely shot with the D200 again. But the "move" from the D300 to the D700 wasn't really a move at all -- both cameras are complementary to one another, and I intend to use both for a long time to come.

palamara

Sydney, AU
63 posts

#23. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 0

palamara Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Oct 2002
Tue 04-Aug-09 11:32 PM

It must be me, but I never took to the D300 and sold it once the D700 was released. I found that the D300 was under exposing my shots, never had that problem with the D2hs (which I still adore) and certainly not an issue with the D700. I suppose at the end of the day you use what you are happy with.

JP

nuffsaid

Johannesburg, ZA
143 posts

#24. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 23

nuffsaid Registered since 05th Mar 2008
Wed 05-Aug-09 08:03 AM | edited Wed 05-Aug-09 08:08 AM by nuffsaid

For studio work and for wedding group shots taken outside in decent light (ISO 200) I prefer the higher resolution of the D300.
For low light situations where high ISO is required I obviously prefer the D700. At weddings I alternate between the D300 and the D700 and I am in no hurry to get rid of my D300.

'Since the mathematicians have invaded the theory of relativity, I do not understand it myself anymore'
- Albert Einstein
‘I did not invent chimping, I just perfected it.' :-)

Bronson123

SG
25 posts

#25. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 24

Bronson123 Registered since 15th Mar 2009
Thu 06-Aug-09 09:04 AM

i soldundancy d my D300 after using the D700. 700 is great.

KnightPhoto

Alberta, CA
4954 posts

#26. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 0

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006
Thu 06-Aug-09 10:51 PM

Honestly, if "taking the plunge" means adding a D700 to your kit, then definitely dive in!
But for owners of super-telephotos like your 120-300mm and 600mm f/4 MF, there is still a very strong reason to keep the D300 in your kit!

If "moving to D700" means selling the D300 and going completely FX, well then you need to consider a very real and immediate impact of giving up DX on your lens kit. Your 10-20mm and 17-50 should go and the cost of their FX equivalents should be factored in too ($3500 for 14-24 and 24-70) as well as how long you can muddle through with any other existing compromises (need a new 70-200 VRII @ $2300 also?). Finally consider the "loss" of FOV on your super-telephotos, but hey there is an alternate easy cure for that in the FX 24 megapixel D700X at another $4,000+-. So all told, nothing that $10,000 will not cure Then you will still want the 200-400 at some point too, so add another $5K and we are up to $15,000 not counting the D700 purchase

I kept both D300 and D700 cameras and am still finding the impact to my lens kit to be huge and costly and much larger/heavier etc. It is going to be years before my lens kit fully stabilizes due to the impact of FX. I am not complaining mind you, the end result will be a complete line-up of top quality lenses and great flexibility for all my shooting. And I enjoy and appreciate the equipment to its fullest, after all Nikon's best stuff is pretty incredible isn't it! In re-reading this, I am not meaning to sound negative, I absolutely love my D700, but sharing my experience might help you plan your own approach to this issue. For my own long-term plan I have a detailed list of what I need next and I keep plugging away item by item. My list does change in priority more or less constantly, but I have an overall plan and know where I am heading to complete my kit. For example I had fully planned to get a D400, but when that was not announced, the 24-70 popped up as my next item and I dropped considering a Tamron 28-75mm.

Hope your plan works out too,
Best regards, SteveK
My Nikonians gallery
'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange

Frenchpro

US
5 posts

#27. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 0

Frenchpro Registered since 30th Jul 2009
Wed 12-Aug-09 10:37 PM

Although I consider myself an advanced amature, I was a bit of a dunce when I bought the D300. My feeling was why read the manual when for just a few thousand more dollars I can get something better--D700. So yes I vote it is a much better camera especially at my 6 year olds indoor basketball games.

The D700 is night and day better for sports in my opinion however, for non low light and family photography the D300 is really great. I also bought the 2.8 24-70 and 70-200 at the same time. If you do not want to spend 6 grand on the the D700 with those two lenses i would stay with the D300 and get the glass. For kicks, I used and old 2.5 105mm on the D700 and while a good lens it does not compare with the new nikon glass.

lofling

SE
1464 posts

#28. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 26

Thu 13-Aug-09 02:09 PM

>Finally consider the "loss" of FOV on your
>super-telephotos, but hey there is an alternate easy cure for
>that in the FX 24 megapixel D700X at another $4,000+-.

Well, I was hoping the D3X would be the solution, but the price was pretty hefty. Don't think the D700X will be cheaper than a D700 and a D300 together.

Also, the ISO performance is not as good on the D3X as on the D3, and diffraction is noticed even earlier in FX mode. Not a total cure. With a D700 and a D300 I have a back-up body. I also don't need more megapixels, just better ISO performance.

aldewitt

Jefferson City, US
404 posts

#29. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 0

aldewitt Registered since 16th May 2008
Thu 13-Aug-09 02:33 PM

I bought the D300 to upgrade from the D80. I took the Nikonians Academy on the D300, and found it to be a very profoundly formative experience. I learned so much about what my camera could do, and would do. But after learning it, and working to master it, I realized that the D700 was so much better on image quality and low-light situations, that I took the plunge and bought the D700. I have been happy I made the switch.

I kept the D300 for my wife, who uses it occasionally, and also, because I wanted to have a back up. I have been very glad I did that. If you buy the D700, there are some things (like airshows where you're shooting out at a 1/4 mile away) where the D300 is better (because you have good light, and your zoom lenses are functionally bigger). But my walkaround camera 90% of the time is my D700.

A. L. DeWitt
Jefferson City, MO

Cameras allow us to share the beauty in God's creation with others.

Pichead

US
38 posts

#30. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 0

Pichead Winner of the 2010 Nikonians Photo Contest Registered since 20th Dec 2008
Mon 17-Aug-09 04:48 PM

I made the change about 4 months ago. For the most part, I am happy that I went to the D700. The FX with my new lens (24-70 2.8) is great and the low light options are far better than with my D300.

My only complaint - and it is a noticeable one - is the auto focus of the D700 compared to the D300. When I used the D300, I didn't notice the auto focus feature working, because it worked so quickly. It just automatically locked in and I concentrated on snapping away. Often times with the D700 I am waiting for the camera to lock onto a subject before I can take the shot. This is often annoying and has led me to question my choice.

At the end of the day I'm glad I switched. If the auto focus feature was better, I'd be a very happy guy...

briantilley

Paignton, UK
30235 posts

#31. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 30

briantilley Gold Member Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003
Mon 17-Aug-09 05:05 PM

>Often times with the D700 I am waiting for the camera to lock onto
>a subject before I can take the shot. This is often annoying and
>has led me to question my choice.

Your experience with AF on these two cameras isn't typical, and might be worth investigating further. Autofocus performance on my D300 and D700 is pretty much identical; some say the D700 is a little faster (due presumably to a better processor).

Are you using the same AF settings in similar shooting conditions with the two cameras?

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

lofling

SE
1464 posts

#32. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 30

Tue 18-Aug-09 01:21 PM

>I made the change about 4 months ago. For the most part, I
>am happy that I went to the D700. The FX with my new lens
>(24-70 2.8) is great and the low light options are far better
>than with my D300.
>
>My only complaint - and it is a noticeable one - is the auto
>focus of the D700 compared to the D300. When I used the D300,
>I didn't notice the auto focus feature working, because it
>worked so quickly. It just automatically locked in and I
>concentrated on snapping away. Often times with the D700 I am
>waiting for the camera to lock onto a subject before I can
>take the shot. This is often annoying and has led me to
>question my choice.
>
>At the end of the day I'm glad I switched. If the auto focus
>feature was better, I'd be a very happy guy...

I think your settings are different on the two cameras. My experience is the opposite. Read what Thom Hogan has to say about it too. Check e.g. settings A4.

Pichead

US
38 posts

#33. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 31

Pichead Winner of the 2010 Nikonians Photo Contest Registered since 20th Dec 2008
Tue 18-Aug-09 05:32 PM

Brian,

Yes, I am using similar settings and the conditions have not changed. I have considered contacting Nikon to see if they have any recommendations but would like to explore the issue more before taking that step...

Thanks.

briantilley

Paignton, UK
30235 posts

#34. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 33

Tue 18-Aug-09 06:51 PM

I suggest starting a new thread if you would like to explore your D700's AF performance further - it will get more attention

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

MEMcD

US
31311 posts

#35. "RE: Only for those who have moved from a D300 to a D700. I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. Feel free to add comments that support your vote." | In response to Reply # 0

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007
Tue 18-Aug-09 08:46 PM

The only complaint I have about the D700 is the lack of a 100% viewfinder like the D300 and D3.
Each body has it's place!
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

G