Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What's wrong with my camera & should I send it for repair?

Tongariro

London, UK
404 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Tongariro Registered since 14th Jul 2007
Tue 31-Mar-09 09:26 AM

Answers: nothing, and no. The problem is with the photographer (me), not the kit.

I had three of these moments over the last weekend. The first two were already familiar to me & were quickly resolved. The third took a ridiculously long time to fix. The three problems are described below.

1. My camera is randomly over and under exposing. Solution - turn bracketing off! The +/- sign flashes when it is on, but it is very easy to overlook.
2. My remote cable release isn't working. Solution - re-attach it to the camera.
3. My selector switch won't move the focus point. Solution - unlock the locking switch adjacent to it. (I only found this out after loading all the default menus, and checking through them for any changes, switching the camera on and off, taking out and replacing the battery and changing lenses!)

Hopefully, others are wiser than me.

Bridget

KMud

UK
389 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

#1. "RE: What's wrong with my camera & should I send it for repair?" | In response to Reply # 0

KMud Registered since 14th Jan 2009
Tue 31-Mar-09 09:57 AM

1. Camera isn't auto-focusing. Solution - remember you're trying acclimate to AE-L/AF-L button for focusing and shutter half-press for AE-L! :|
2. Camera isn't auto-focusing. Solution - remember you're trying acclimate to AE-L/AF-L button for focusing and shutter half-press for AE-L! :|
3. Camera isn't auto-focusing. Solution - remember you're trying acclimate to AE-L/AF-L button for focusing and shutter half-press for AE-L! :|

I will get used to this someday, this system is clearly superior.

G