Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Where will the D700 be m

DarkDTSHD

Los Angeles, US
24 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
DarkDTSHD Registered since 15th Feb 2007
Sun 20-Jul-08 11:09 PM

Hello all,

Just wondered where the D700 will be made. Being that it will use the same FX chip as the D3 I'm thinking Japan. Can any one confirm whether this will be the case? Has any one already got their hands on one already? I know they are not due out till the end of the month.

Thanks.

mwhals

Winfield, US
1664 posts

#1. "RE: Where will the D700 be m" | In response to Reply # 0

mwhals Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Apr 2004
Sun 20-Jul-08 09:25 PM

This was asked and answered earlier. See the below thread:

https://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=226&topic_id=871&mesg_id=871&page=2

Shoot nature with respect and don't trample it or startle its inhabitants. :)

DarkDTSHD

Los Angeles, US
24 posts

#2. "'" | In response to Reply # 1

DarkDTSHD Registered since 15th Feb 2007
Mon 21-Jul-08 12:53 AM

I am a D300 owner and have been happy with the build quality. But, at the same time, I admit to being biased towards gear "Made In Japan". Given the choice I would buy the item made in Japan. Even if Nikon has supposedly implemented good QA practices in Thailand.

Regarding the D700 I would assume they would keep manufacturing the camera in their Sendai plant along side the D3. I mean they are sharing the same processor. Why would they not keep manufacturing it in the Sendai plant. That and one of the posters said they just expanded the plant.

So tempted to pick-up a D700.

On a side note (for the moderator). As I was typing out my reply suddenly the cursor would end up on the subject line. Odd.

G