Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon School and D700

wamble

US
19 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
wamble Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Nov 2004
Wed 11-Feb-09 04:32 PM

Has anyone attended the Nikon School classes Intro to Digital SLR Photogaphy and Next Steps: Color, Light, Technology? If so, have you found them to be beneficial? I've acquired a D700 in December and it is my first digital camera. Previous camera body was a F100. Since my computer has an older operating system, I am not able to use it for digital software. Plan to upgrade in the near future. Currently I am only shooting JPEGs to get familiar with the D700. I have Thom Hogan's e-book for the D700. Would these two Nikon School classes be worth the time and money? So far I've been really pleased with the images I've taken. Was recently in NYC and the night street shots are awesome. Thanks for any advice.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

TomCurious

Bay Area, US
2352 posts

#1. "RE: Nikon School and D700" | In response to Reply # 0

TomCurious Registered since 03rd Jan 2007
Wed 11-Feb-09 04:17 PM

I attended the "Next steps" class (day 2), and it was excellent. It is given by pro photographers and covers many areas about digital cameras, incl. workflow and software. There is even a section and demo how CLS works (Nikons wireless flash system).

I skipped the first day, since that one is very basic (what are f-stops etc). If you used an F100 and read Thom's ebooks, you won't need it either.

Tom
Bay Area Nikonian

http://www.tkphoto.me/

aldewitt

Jefferson City, US
404 posts

#2. "RE: Nikon School and D700" | In response to Reply # 0

aldewitt Registered since 16th May 2008
Wed 11-Feb-09 06:16 PM

I have no experience with Nikon School, but I can tell you that I have a lot of experience with Nikonians Academy and I like their courses a lot. They are almost ready to launch the D700 course. I took the D300 in depth and advanced courses from them, and although there are a few more buttons and features on the D700, if you take the D300 course you'll be in pretty good shape on the D700 since there is probably 95% similarity.

I just got back from Mike Hagen's Capture NX 2 workshop in Atlanta and I have to tell you that I had a ball and learned a lot of stuff about that program. The NA courses are inexpensive, limited in class size to about 12, and provide a lot of hands-on exercises. They are very much worth the cost.

Just my two cents.

A. L. DeWitt
Jefferson City, MO

Cameras allow us to share the beauty in God's creation with others.

G