Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?

This topic is locked. This message is locked.
nolitan777

PH
67 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
nolitan777 Registered since 09th Jan 2009
Wed 04-Feb-09 10:52 AM

Could someone verify or confirm that the new D700 bodies are now made in Thailand ?
A few weeks ago, the unit i held at the store was still made in Japan.
But an internet retailer informed me today that the D700 now is thailand made.
I told him whether he has not mistaken it for D300 which I know is Thai made.
Nonetheless if its Thailand made, would it matter in terms of performance ?

Thanks guys.

briantilley

Paignton, UK
30235 posts

#1. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 0

briantilley Gold Member Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003
Wed 04-Feb-09 10:42 AM

My D700 (bought about 6 weeks ago) is Japan-made.

I see no difference at all in build or material quality between it and my Thailand-made D300. Both are made in Nikon factories using similar QC standards and procedures. I don't see that there is any reason to worry about it

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

D_100

NL
308 posts

#2. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 1

D_100 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Wed 04-Feb-09 03:25 PM

My D700 is bought 3 month's ago and it reads Made in Japan,but would it make any difference it's all under Japanees quality control is it (?)

Dutch Nikonian
Shoot everything without bullets.

Music was my first love,photography my last.

www.arthurbender.nl

nolitan777

PH
67 posts

#3. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 2

Wed 04-Feb-09 09:01 PM

That's true. How about the guys who owns D700s here ? Made in Japan ?

QMaze

Windsor, CA
124 posts

#4. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 3

QMaze Registered since 09th Dec 2008
Wed 04-Feb-09 11:07 PM | edited Wed 04-Feb-09 11:11 PM by QMaze

Mine is only 1 1/2 weeks old and directly purchased through Nikon Canada and on the box it says Made in Japan. The gaps on the body are perfect, nice QC.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

JiangMX

Singapore, SG
308 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

#5. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 0

JiangMX Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 02nd Apr 2004
Thu 05-Feb-09 12:33 AM

All I know is that after the launch of D700, the Thai Nikon factory has axed it staff strength. Hope they retain the quality one.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/SE+Asia/Story/STIStory_305497.html

Jiang

darkprints

US
5 posts

#6. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 0

darkprints Registered since 13th Dec 2006
Thu 05-Feb-09 02:08 AM

Mine says "Hecho en Chine".

D_100

NL
308 posts

#7. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 6

D_100 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Thu 05-Feb-09 03:54 AM

>Mine says "Hecho en Chine".

Si se nunca ir roto

Dutch Nikonian
Shoot everything without bullets.

Music was my first love,photography my last.

www.arthurbender.nl

pdelany

Canton, US
122 posts

#8. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 0

pdelany Gold Member Nikonian since 06th Nov 2008
Thu 05-Feb-09 06:46 PM

Just bought one from B&H Photo and it arrived about two hours ago. Box and camera say “Made in Japan”. Box also says “Strap, Video cable and USB cable made in China. LCD monitor cover made in Thailand.” Hope this helps.

Debut for the D700 is in 2 hours for my son’s wrestling match and team photo. I feel like I’m 7 again!

Stop and take the picture, you may not get a second chance.

FThompson

Sans Avatar, US
850 posts

#9. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 8

FThompson Registered since 29th Apr 2008
Thu 05-Feb-09 06:52 PM

Hi Patrick,
Congratulations on the D700!! Good luck with the debut (try to keep the giggling to a minimum ).

SolaresLarrave

DeKalb, US
472 posts

#10. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 9

SolaresLarrave Basic Member
Thu 05-Feb-09 06:58 PM

Like Brian, I don't see the relevance of the place of origin here. Reminds me of the same concern some people had about the N80 being made in Thailand.

BTW, mine was a Thai camera, and it NEVER failed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Francisco
Recovering Nikonian in Illinois
My Nikon D700 Blog

agitater

Toronto, CA
4527 posts

#11. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 0

agitater Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 18th Jan 2007
Thu 05-Feb-09 08:00 PM

My D700 purchased and received in the second shipment to Canada last Fall was made in Japan. The D300 I traded at the time was made in Thailand. Up until I purchased my D3 (also made in Japan) in 2007, the D300 was the best full size DSLR body I'd ever owned. My old F90x and F100 film bodies (both made in Japan) were terrific, but the fit and finish of my D300 body was easily as good.

I think the location of the factory is far less important than the manufacturing specs, engineering supervision, parts suppliers, assembly QC and other things overseen by Nikon.

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

Piergio

Albano Laziale (Rome), IT
91 posts

#12. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 11

Piergio Registered since 04th Jan 2009
Thu 05-Feb-09 08:51 PM | edited Thu 05-Feb-09 08:52 PM by Piergio

As I posted few days ago, my D700 showed an "Err" warning on the top LCD and it's still at Nikon's Europe Service. Maybe it was made in Naples ! I'll let you know; the sooner the better.

nolitan777

PH
67 posts

#13. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 12

Thu 05-Feb-09 08:54 PM

Store owner apparently made a mistake. He said that the D700s are still made in Japan. The D300 is made in Thailand.
He apologized!

Tongariro

London, UK
404 posts

#14. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 0

Tongariro Registered since 14th Jul 2007
Fri 06-Feb-09 08:38 AM

I expect that Nikon is switching as much of its costs to Thailand as it can, not least because of the relative weakness of the local currency, the Baht. This has been more or less level against the dollar. The Baht has appreciated about 25% against the pound, but this is much less than the equivalent against the yen.

Nikon published its 3rd quarter financial results (to December 2008), and it is evident that the business has declined hugely over the quarter, with sales and profits down substantially. The US & European markets form the majority of their business, and they must be trying to do all that they can to mitigate the effects of the strong yen.

So far as quality is concerned, I have had no problems whatsoever with my Thai manufactured D200.

Bridget

agitater

Toronto, CA
4527 posts

#15. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 14

agitater Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 18th Jan 2007
Fri 06-Feb-09 11:50 AM

>So far as quality is concerned, I have had no problems
>whatsoever with my Thai manufactured D200.

My Thai-made D200 was perfect as well.

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

RRRoger

Monterey Bay, US
3373 posts

#16. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 15

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter Member
Fri 06-Feb-09 02:12 PM

My China/D300 was junk. It was one of the first off the line and looked poorly assembled. The preset defaults were all wrong and it took a long time to set up well enough to get a decent picture. After about two weeks the camera started messing up so badly that I had to return it as defective.

I used the refund towards a second Japan made D3 that took awesum pictures right out of the box and has been working flawlessly since Dec 2007 (It is also one of the first off the line).

briantilley

Paignton, UK
30235 posts

#17. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 16

briantilley Gold Member Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003
Fri 06-Feb-09 03:06 PM

>My China/D300 was junk. It was one of the first off the line
>and looked poorly assembled.

That is unusual, Roger, but I would not damn all D300's based on one example. My quite early example has been perfect. In any case, all newly-established manufacturing facilities (wherever they are) can be a little more prone to teething problems.

<Nit-pick on> The D300 is made in Thailand, not China <Nit-pick off>

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Piergio

Albano Laziale (Rome), IT
91 posts

#18. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 17

Piergio Registered since 04th Jan 2009
Fri 06-Feb-09 03:40 PM

China, Thailand or maybe Naples, the reliability lately went down a lot. I would'nd speculate on the International Financial Market in order to find a good reason for this.
I owned , I think, thirty, or more, different cameras in my lifetime, not only Nikon, well I never, I reply, never sent back for service a nearly new camera. I traded them in for a new model when I wanted to, but they were still working fine.
One thing must be said: today we are buying very sofisticated machines, mechanically and electronically, for the same amount of money.

Iceman15613

Apollo, US
476 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

#19. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 16

Iceman15613 Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Oct 2005
Fri 06-Feb-09 06:21 PM

>My China/D300 was junk. It was one of the first off the line
>and looked poorly assembled. The preset defaults were all
>wrong and it took a long time to set up well enough to get a
>decent picture. After about two weeks the camera started
>messing up so badly that I had to return it as defective.

Yes. Mine was a disappointment also. Didn't work right out of the box. That was bad enough but I did not appreciate not being told that the camera was outsourced. I stuck it back in the box. It is around here somewhere. If I think hard about it, I will remember where it is buried. Better watch out though. I am sure that Brian will soon appear to tell why there is nothing wrong with outsourcing. We have basically agreed to disagree on that issue. I bought a D700 to replace the D300 and it is indeed made in Japan at Sendai. I can understand building consumer bodies wherever cheap labor can be found because the consumer market is price driven. I don't see this as an option for Pro-Level bodies. I originally believed that the D300 was aimed for the Prosumer or second camera pro level. The message that Nikon sends me is that they do not see the D300 at the pro level.

briantilley

Paignton, UK
30235 posts

#20. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 19

Fri 06-Feb-09 06:56 PM

>We have basically agreed to disagree on that issue.

Yes, we have.

When you can provide some evidence that your D300 was faulty just because it was manufactured outside Japan then we can talk more

Thom Hogan has just had his first D3X replaced because it was faulty. Where was that made...?

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

j3ff

Sandgate, UK
111 posts

#21. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 13

j3ff Registered since 30th Jan 2006
Sat 07-Feb-09 01:33 PM

Mine says 'Made in Hong Kong'

Incredibly happy D700 user

www.j3ff.co.uk

Iceman15613

Apollo, US
476 posts

#22. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 20

Sat 07-Feb-09 02:14 PM

>>We have basically agreed to disagree on that issue.
>
>Yes, we have.
>
>When you can provide some evidence that your D300 was faulty
>just because it was manufactured outside Japan then we
>can talk more
>
>Thom Hogan has just had his first D3X replaced because it was
>faulty. Where was that made...?

You once again miss the point. The issue is outsourcing itself. Outsourcing is an attempt by corporations to avoid paying a fair wage to their employees by the exploitation of others. It is an immoral practice and should never be encouraged or supported.

agitater

Toronto, CA
4527 posts

#23. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 22

Sat 07-Feb-09 02:57 PM | edited Sat 07-Feb-09 08:04 PM by agitater

>>When you can provide some evidence that your D300 was
>faulty
>>just because it was manufactured outside Japan then
>we
>>can talk more
>>
>>Thom Hogan has just had his first D3X replaced because it
>was
>>faulty. Where was that made...?
>
>You once again miss the point. The issue is outsourcing
>itself. Outsourcing is an attempt by corporations to avoid
>paying a fair wage to their employees by the exploitation of
>others. It is an immoral practice and should never be
>encouraged or supported.

Outsourcing can be a scourge alright - when it's human exploitative. Unfortunately, all sorts of exploitative outsourcing also produces fine quality goods of all kinds. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone on the planet (outside of a long list of corporate board room hawks) who'd disagree about the horrors of exploitative outsourcing. That wasn't Brian's point and it's a red herring to make any statement which could be misconstrued to imply that Brian was ignoring the issue of exploitative outsourcing. All Brian stated was that manufacturing in Thailand, in & of itself, does not result in poor quality and that if someone is claiming that's the case, he'd like to see some proof.

There are sweatshops in Thailand for sure. I've seen them during the course of research trips over the years. The point is that, to the best of anyone's knowledge, Nikon doesn't run sweat shops or engage in human exploitative outsourcing operations or knowingly do business with resource and parts makers who use exploitative labor practices.

The labor/employment practices used by idiotic, brutal, venal, petty, arrogant and/or overbearing middle managers working for Japanese, Thai, American, Canadian, British, German, French and Italian companies, and so on, in corporate manufacturing operations in all of those countries make monkeys out of all of us. But your brief comment about outsourcing can easily also be taken to mean that Nikon engages in human exploitative outsourcing practices. That's an outrageous assumption in the total absence of evidence. So I guess you were just commenting on exploitative outsourcing in general? If so, everybody agrees with you.

But if you're commenting on legitimate outsourcing designed to take advantage of favorable currency exchanges, lower skilled labor costs, lower labor/hiring/training and general employment costs, I think you're barking up the wrong tree.

In the same voice that people rail against high prices for consumer goods (obviously including our pricey camera gear), manufacturers, distributors and retailers compete heavily for a pool of consumer cash in each regional marketplace. Nikon and all the other corporate photography mavens get into currency trading, currency hedging and all manner of other financial instruments in the hopes of protecting their operations against economic fluctuations nationally, regionally and globally. It's a bit of a mug's game, with natural limits that only serve to make the whole thing work within a relatively narrow spectrum of market shifts. So outsourcing or manufacturing is just another tool in the kit, along with financial management, subcontracting and half a dozen other things. As well, at the same time as competition and thinly budgeted consumers put downward pressure on retail prices, manufacturers are forced to put more pressure on their own economics to retain worthwhile margins. What do you want them to do? Find ways to hypnotize us all into spending more money?

Human exploitative outsourcing in the high tech business is hard to do. You can open a clothing piecework operation in about 10 days. But if you want to open a lens plant or a camera body assembly operation, you need at least two years and about US$200 million in raw capital no matter where you want to build. I can use any old abandoned/vacant factory or warehouse building to exploitatively outsource a clothing piecework operation. A lens fab or camera assembly operation? Forget about it. I need Just-In-Time shipping access for parts, a dedicated structure which integrates massive clean-room operations, months of worker training, and on, and on.

So once again, I agree with Brian. I think that if there have been problems with Thai made camera bodies, it's because stupid, lazy managers are asleep at the quality control 'switch' and Nikon itself should be spanked for not supervising its outsourced plants more closely. But it's unreasonable to think that trained Thai tech workers and camera line assemblers are somehow less trainable or ultimately less competent than Japanese workers.

Nikon puts in place processes, technologies and quality control standards that are relatively unassailable. But it only takes one goof in a plant (in Thailand, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, the U.S., Canada, the UK or wherever) to mess things up enough to put consumers in possession of poorly made goods.

There are high-tech manufacturing and assembly operations in China, Thailand, Indonesia, India, Pakistan and plenty of other places that produce goods which aren't even worth the cost of their component parts. Look in any Walmart, Costco or local Dollar store. The vast majority of that off-brand junk is produced using exploitative labor practices. You want to get upset about something? Go protest at your local Walmart. I'd be happy to provide you with reams of evidence to back up your protest.

For all those reasons and others, I just think it's inaccurate to associate Nikon with human exploitation in its outsourcing practices. If that's not really what you meant to say, I apologize for misunderstanding. But the word "outsourcing" in the context of your reply to Brian seems to refer to more than just legitimate economics.

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

briantilley

Paignton, UK
30235 posts

#24. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 22

Sat 07-Feb-09 05:53 PM

>The issue is outsourcing itself.

That may be an issue, but it is not the point of this thread. I won't get into that debate except to agree with Howard that tarring Nikon with the same brush as some less reputable organisations, as you are doing, is unfounded.

The original question here was whether shifting manufacture outside Japan can impact product quality; the other replies in this thread seem to have reassured people on that front

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Iceman15613

Apollo, US
476 posts

#25. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 24

Sun 08-Feb-09 01:16 AM

>>The issue is outsourcing itself.
>
>That may be an issue, but it is not the point of this thread.
>I won't get into that debate except to agree with Howard that
>tarring Nikon with the same brush as some less reputable
>organisations, as you are doing, is unfounded.
>
>The original question here was whether shifting manufacture
>outside Japan can impact product quality; the other replies in
>this thread seem to have reassured people on that front

Oh Really?

Iceman15613

Apollo, US
476 posts

#26. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 23

Sun 08-Feb-09 01:48 AM

>For all those reasons and others, I just think it's inaccurate
>to associate Nikon with human exploitation in its outsourcing
>practices. If that's not really what you meant to say, I
>apologize for misunderstanding. But the word
>"outsourcing" in the context of your reply to Brian
>seems to refer to more than just legitimate economics.
>
So, you believe that outsourcing production to Thailand or any where else by Nikon while laying off Japanese mainland workers is "just legitimate economics." That is the exact mindset that created the Walmarts of the world. There is a quote that is generally attributed to Walter Reuther of the U.A.W. Ford executives were giving him a tour of some of their new automated facilities. One of the executives said to him, what are you going to do Walter, these robots won't pay dues? Reuther responded, "they won't buy cars either." The same principle applies with outsourcing. In the end, outsourcing is extremely short-sighted economics.
To return to the topic, to obtain an accurate answer regarding quality would be difficult. You would need to determine also the number of individuals who simply did not purchase the D300 at all for reasons of manufacturing location. I will actually go so far as to predict thatthe D300X or D400(?) will be a DX improved high ISO and built in Sendai.

Iceman15613

Apollo, US
476 posts

#27. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 23

Sun 08-Feb-09 01:48 AM

>For all those reasons and others, I just think it's inaccurate
>to associate Nikon with human exploitation in its outsourcing
>practices. If that's not really what you meant to say, I
>apologize for misunderstanding. But the word
>"outsourcing" in the context of your reply to Brian
>seems to refer to more than just legitimate economics.
>
So, you believe that outsourcing production to Thailand or any where else by Nikon while laying off Japanese mainland workers is "just legitimate economics." That is the exact mindset that created the Walmarts of the world. There is a quote that is generally attributed to Walter Reuther of the U.A.W. Ford executives were giving him a tour of some of their new automated facilities. One of the executives said to him, what are you going to do Walter, these robots won't pay dues? Reuther responded, "they won't buy cars either." The same principle applies with outsourcing. In the end, outsourcing is extremely short-sighted economics.
To return to the topic, to obtain an accurate answer regarding quality would be difficult. You would need to determine also the number of individuals who simply did not purchase the D300 at all for reasons of manufacturing location. I will actually go so far as to predict thatthe D300X or D400(?) will be a DX improved high ISO and built in Sendai.

agitater

Toronto, CA
4527 posts

#28. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 27

Sun 08-Feb-09 03:35 AM

>So, you believe that outsourcing production to Thailand or any
>where else by Nikon while laying off Japanese mainland workers
>is "just legitimate economics." That is the exact
>mindset that created the Walmarts of the world. There is a
>quote that is generally attributed to Walter Reuther of the
>U.A.W. Ford executives were giving him a tour of some of their
>new automated facilities. One of the executives said to him,
>what are you going to do Walter, these robots won't pay dues?
>Reuther responded, "they won't buy cars either." The
>same principle applies with outsourcing. In the end,
>outsourcing is extremely short-sighted economics.
>To return to the topic, to obtain an accurate answer regarding
>quality would be difficult. You would need to determine also
>the number of individuals who simply did not purchase the D300
>at all for reasons of manufacturing location. I will actually
>go so far as to predict thatthe D300X or D400(?) will be a DX
>improved high ISO and built in Sendai.

I think you just (inadvertently?) equated highly skilled Thai tech workers with Ford's assembly line robots. If a plant in Japan is working at capacity, no jobs are lost if new production is ramped up in Thailand. You've also incorrectly illustrated outsourcing. Nikon produces bodies and lenses in wholly-owned plants in a variety of countries. Outsourcing is defined widely as subcontracted manufacturing or production by third-party suppliers. In a truly global company like Nikon, why should the boardroom care about where it employs skilled workers? As long as the skilled workers are producing products which meet the company's technical standards and marketing requirements, the global company serving global markets is meeting its mandates.

I think you're suggesting that a company with its head office in Japan should always employ only Japanese domestic labor. While Ford was diddling around in the vast U.S. economy for decades, the Japanese and Europeans were busy carving out niches in the U.S. market place. I can't recall anyone in Texas or Arkansas whining about Honda and Toyota opening manufacturing facilities in those states. So did those jobs effectively reduce manufacturing jobs in Japan too. Did anyone complain about that? Or is it just Thai people who don't deserve a shot at working in a factory built in Thailand by a global company?

You're debating economics and quoting Walter Reuther. But Reuther was a champion of the impoverished labor and social classes in America. Sadly, the labor movement he helped to promote and grow gradually came to embody many of the economic ills it was originally designed to combat. We live in a world in which giant corporate entities have to do business on a global basis. To think, even for one moment, that such companies are practicing foolish or unwise economics by establishing research, design and production operations someplace other than the location of their head offices is an example of insular thinking that will never permit those companies to succeed within the context of the abusively competitive times in which we live.

Let's talk camera lenses and bodies from now on. Please.

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

Iceman15613

Apollo, US
476 posts

#29. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 28

Sun 08-Feb-09 04:46 AM

Nikon did not go to Thailand to get a more skilled or a more experienced work force. They went for one reason only. A cheaper work force. In doing so, they betrayed employees who had worked their whole lives for the company. Now, let us talk about cameras and lenses, please!

briantilley

Paignton, UK
30235 posts

#30. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 25

Sun 08-Feb-09 07:41 AM

>Oh Really?

Sorry - I should perhaps have said... "reassured anyone without a separate agenda".

Subject closed...?

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Iceman15613

Apollo, US
476 posts

#31. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 30

Sun 08-Feb-09 12:37 PM

>>Oh Really?
>
>Sorry - I should perhaps have said... "reassured anyone
>without a separate agenda".
>
>Subject closed...?

Yes,
Since clearly, "there are none so blind as those who will not see," the subject is closed.

briantilley

Paignton, UK
30235 posts

#32. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 31

Sun 08-Feb-09 03:58 PM | edited Sun 08-Feb-09 04:08 PM by briantilley

>...the subject is closed.

Great idea. I'm glad you suggested that

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Paul_Fisher

Perth, AU
12795 posts

#33. "RE: Anyone here with D700 body made in Thailand ?" | In response to Reply # 0

Paul_Fisher Silver Member Awarded for his multiple article contributions Charter Member
Mon 09-Feb-09 07:12 AM

The subject most certainly is closed - this thread is locked.

Nikonians is not a forum for discussing outsourcing or globalisation (which some of you have confused), not international economics, nor international labour laws. If you want those discussions find an appropriate site, and take it out of here.

Paul Fisher
Nikonian in Perth, Western Australia
My home page

G