Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Is there a way to change the focus area in the viewfinder?

RichKessler3

US
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
RichKessler3 Registered since 24th Feb 2012
Thu 26-Jul-12 02:07 PM

It's always annoyed the hell out of me that the focus area is a black/grey/whatever and turns red when you're in focus. I supposed that's fine and dandy when you're shooting against a really light color, however, at night or against dark objects it's useless. In my perfect world it would be white and then red when focused so you can see the color change immediately and not have to glance down for the tiny dot in the lower portion of the menu.

Please tell me there's some magical way to change that?!?!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

JosephK

Seattle, WA, US
7108 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

#1. "RE: Is there a way to change the focus area in the viewfinder?" | In response to Reply # 0

JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006
Fri 27-Jul-12 03:54 AM

Custom Setting a6 might be worth looking at. The "always on" option might work for you.

However, you are stuck with the colors as is.

---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D700, D200, D70S, 24-70mm f/2.8, VR 70-200mm f/2.8 II, 50mm f/1.4 D,
17-55mm f/2.8 DX, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX

G